Restylane® dermal fillers use hyaluronic acid to produce a natural anti-aging effect in a person’s facial features. Hyaluronic acid is naturally produced in the body, so these dermal fillers can be a great way to restore volume in your face without introducing a foreign substance into your skin.
These dermal filler injections also come in multiple particle sizes to meet the patient’s needs. Whether you want to get rid of fine wrinkles around the eyes or deep facial creases on your forehead, you can use Restylane® dermal filler injections to fill in those gaps and smooth out the right parts of your face.
Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates offers Restylane® dermal filler treatments to patients at our facility, so if you are interested in this anti-aging procedure, feel free to come in for a consultation. To schedule your appointment, call us at (386) 366-7418.
Restylane® Dermal Fillers Use Hyaluronic Acid to Restore Facial Skin
Restylane® dermal fillers consist of hyaluronic acid, which has a gel-like consistency. Hyaluronic acid is noted as a “key molecule in skin aging,” as stated by Dermato Endocrinology, because it helps retain skin moisture in the skin through its metabolic process.
As people age, their skin may lose moisture as it loses hyaluronic acid and collagen, and because of consistent external exposure, particularly to ultraviolet (UV) rays. Hyaluronic acid serves various purposes in the body besides retaining moisture in the skin, such as:
- Keeping joints lubricated
- Filling in gaps in the face
- Tissue repair and cell migration
As such, since Restylane® dermal fillers use hyaluronic acid, this treatment procedure can help:
- Smooth out facial wrinkles, both fine and deep-set
- Restore volume in concaved areas in the face, such as around the cheekbones
- Enhance lips and reduce lines around the mouth
- Reduce dark circles around the eyes
Restylane® Dermal Fillers Have Few Side Effects but Precautions Should Be Taken
With any medical procedure, there are going to be risks, but Restylane® dermal filler injections are considered relatively safe for most people. Most side effects will be seen immediately after injection but should go away after a few days. As listed by Healthline, these side effects include:
- Bruising or swelling around the injection site
- Bleeding around the injection site
- Pain or itching around the injection site
- Skin infection
- Signs of an allergic reaction, which might include extreme swelling, rash, or sharp pain
Before your Restylane® dermal filler appointment, your physician will discuss potential side effects that might occur. They will also inquire about any medicines you take or allergies you have that might put you at risk if you participate in the treatment.
For example, if you take the following medicines, you may not be fit for this treatment or may be asked to stop taking these medicines before your scheduled procedure date:
- Blood thinners
Your health is priority at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates. We take each consultation we have with patients seriously, so if you have any questions or concerns about the treatment procedure you are coming in for, do not be afraid to ask. Because we want our patients to feel safe under our care, we are always willing to offer alternative treatments that might fit their health needs.
Still have more questions? Call us at (386) 366-7418 to schedule an appointment at our facility.
Restylane® Is Long-Lasting and Requires Little Aftercare
The injection procedure is short and should only take a few minutes to insert the gel fillers into the desired areas on the face. In fact, the consultation should take longer than the procedure itself to make sure you understand what to expect.
After receiving the dermal fillers, your physician will describe what precautionary steps to take for the following few days, though you shouldn’t have to change your regular schedule all that much. It’s advised that you rest for the day after the procedure, especially if you have signs of bruising and swelling.
Within a week, the onset of the effects from Restylane® should start to become more noticeable, and effects are expected to last between six and 18 months.
Anti-Aging Procedures Can Benefit Any Gender
While some people assume cosmetic procedures like Botox® appeal mostly to women, any gender can benefit from taking a few years off their face. If used as a preventative measure, Restylane® dermal fillers can also help keep the skin looking plump and reduce sagging or skin folds.
Men and women may be interested in this procedure if they experience any of the following consequences of aging:
- Their cheeks lose volume and have flattened out.
- Their lower lids begin to sag down into their cheekbones.
- The tips of their noses droop down or show visible wrinkles and imperfections.
- Their brows lower or produce skin folds over their eyes, creating a concaved look to their eyes.
- They have multiple facial creases stretching across the forehead.
- Their lips begin to thin and form multiple lines around the mouth.
- Jowls begin to form around the jawline.
- Nasolabial folds (or the area of skin around the nostrils) begin to droop.
Restylane® dermal fillers are a minimally invasive procedure that can be performed in a matter of minutes. If you are interested in getting these fillers, feel free to contact our facility to schedule a consultation.
With each consultation, you may be asked about medicines you take and your desired health goals so that your physician can properly gauge whether this treatment is right for you and what kind of effects that you should expect.
Our Facility Offers Restylane® Dermal Fillers and Other Treatments
Interested in getting a Restylane® dermal filler treatment at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates? Call our facility at (386) 366-7418 to schedule your appointment. We treat patients in Port Orange and surrounding areas in Florida.
Feel free to ask us about our other anti-aging and regenerative therapies. We offer multiple therapies and treatments to help people reduce signs of aging and boost their immune systems. Some of these treatments include:
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for both men and women
- IV infusion therapy to boost vitamin and nutrient intake
- Platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP), also known as stem-cell therapy
- Chiropractic medicine
- Joint mobilization and manipulation therapies
- Acupuncture therapy
- Internal and functional medicine
- Aesthetic skincare treatments
This is only a shortlist of the available services we offer at our facility. Feel free to come in to learn more about our treatment services and how you can also join our membership program, too.