Lower levels of estrogen and testosterone are a natural part of the aging process. This doesn’t mean that you need to live with the consequences of lower hormone levels, though. Hormone replacement therapy, or HRT, can restore your body’s natural levels of testosterone or estrogen.
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we can build a treatment plan that’s specifically tailored to your needs. Brevard County hormone replacement therapy is one of the many tools we use to help clients reach their health goals.
What Is Hormone Replacement Therapy?
HRT is somewhat self-explanatory. Essentially, this therapy supplements hormones in either men or women. The type of hormone used during therapy will depend on the patient’s biological sex. For men, testosterone is used, whereas women generally receive estrogen.
Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men
According to research published in the National Library of Medicine (NIH), men typically lose about 1% of their testosterone levels each year. This hormone maintains several key bodily functions, including:
- Muscle density and mass
- Sperm production
- Sex drive
- Bone strength
While aging is typically behind lower testosterone levels, other conditions like hypogonadism can contribute, as well. Symptoms of low testosterone include:
- Reduced sex drive: Low testosterone can lead to a reduction in male sex drive. You may experience a lower interest in sex and less frequent spontaneous erections.
- Lower motivation levels: Testosterone regulates male aggression, self-confidence, and motivation. If you have low testosterone, you might feel lower motivation and depression.
- Lower muscle density: Testosterone controls body composition, meaning reduced muscle mass and increased body fat are possible.
These symptoms, while linked to testosterone levels, can be caused by other underlying conditions. As your medical provider, we can seek the underlying cause of your issues. In many cases, HRT will be the most effective treatment for age-related low testosterone or hypogonadism.
Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
Estrogen is a key female hormone, contributing to several bodily functions, including:
- Stimulating the growth of breast tissue
- Increasing bone density
- Regulating the menstrual cycle
- Maintaining organ health
During menopause, estrogen levels become unstable before tapering off. This can cause several symptoms, like:
- Vaginal dryness
- Discomfort during intercourse
- Hot flashes, irregular or absent periods
- Lowered bone density
- Hair loss
- Difficulty concentrating
- Tenderness in the breasts
- Exhaustion, irregular sleep cycle
HRT can offset these conditions and could also reduce your risk of dementia, heart disease, and stroke.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
How do I Know If I Need Hormone Replacement Therapy?
There are a few indicators that suggest you could be a candidate for HRT.
In women, low estrogen levels are usually tied to the onset of menopause. This means that if you’re experiencing severe menopause symptoms, you could be a candidate for HRT. However, women can also experience low estrogen after the birth of a child or due to other health issues.
The symptoms of low testosterone in men are slightly less straightforward. Erectile dysfunction and depression can have other root causes. Regardless of your gender, though, we can test your hormone levels to determine your HRT eligibility. Without a lab test, it’s difficult to know the root cause of your symptoms.
Brevard County Hormone Replacement (386) 366-7418
Does Hormone Replacement Therapy Have Risks?
HRT, like many other medical treatments, is not without its risks. Testosterone treatment and estrogen treatment each have their potential side effects.
Testosterone Treatment Risks
These are the potential side effects of testosterone treatment:
- Increased risk of blood clots
- Worsening sleep apnea symptoms
- Acne breakouts or other skin conditions
- Breast enlargement
Estrogen Treatment Risks
Estrogen treatment could increase your chances of experiencing the following conditions:
- Blood clots
- Heart disease
- Breast cancer
There are ways to mitigate these risks, such as starting estrogen treatment before or near the onset of menopause. Generally, the later in life you initiate treatment, the greater your risks are.
Your Comfort Is Our Priority
Both estrogen treatment and testosterone treatment come with their own cost-benefit analysis. We supply these treatments because we believe that they make sense for many clients and will only recommend them if they apply to your specific situation. If you have questions or concerns about the treatment process, our team will happily facilitate them during an initial consultation.
Similarly, before initiating treatment, we thoroughly screen our client’s medical history. This allows us to understand your potential risk factors, like a family history of high cholesterol. If HRT isn’t the right treatment for you, we can work together on taking another approach.
Click to contact an Areas We Serve today
Going Beyond Hormone Replacement Therapy
Our clinic was founded in 2017 with the goal of providing anti-aging and restorative therapies to our clients. To meet this standard, we offer more than HRT at our clinics, as this treatment is often only one piece of the puzzle.
These are the treatments we provide alongside HRT:
- Erectile dysfunction treatment: Erectile dysfunction, or ED, may be caused by low testosterone. For targeted ED treatment, we provide the P-Shot®, a minimally invasive treatment that promotes tissue growth in the genital region.
- Peptides and selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMS): HRT isn’t the only technique we use to treat hypogonadism or low testosterone levels. Both SARMS and peptide treatment can also produce positive results.
- Weight loss assistance: We can provide you with a physician-supervised weight loss and nutritional program.
- IV infusion therapy: We offer a wide variety of IV infusion therapies designed to treat depression, low energy, and asthma, alongside a host of other conditions. This type of treatment is non-invasive and could be bundled into your HRT plan.
- Dysport® facial injections: Dysport® is a safe and cost-effective alternative to Botox® treatment. This therapy involves facial injections that target wrinkles, facial gauntness, and other signs of aging.
We believe that our clients do the best job of describing our treatment successes and services
- “Dr. Schottel is one of the smartest doctors I ever met. If you want to get treated by a knowledgeable, caring, friendly and professional doctor you should visit Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates clinic!!!” – Michael D.
- “Dr. Schottel is one of the best out there! His knowledge is impeccable and he really truly cares about giving every single one of his patients the best care possible! I highly suggest you make an appointment and give him the opportunity to change your life!” – James S.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Schedule a Brevard County Hormone Replacement Therapy Appointment Today
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative associates, we provide a range of clinical services to the residents of Brevard County. If you believe that you’re suffering from low testosterone or estrogen, HRT could be the treatment for you. Contact our offices to schedule an initial consultation today.
Call or text (386) 366-7418 or Schedule an Appointment Today!