Maintaining good cardiometabolic health is crucial as you age. Several conditions or risk factors can weaken your heart function, which can affect your quality of life and general lifespan if ignored. You might want to consider getting metabolic cardiology treatment if you:
- Suffer from a cardiovascular disease, such as congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Had a heart attack or stroke
- Are at risk of developing cardiovascular disease due to another condition, such as diabetes or hypertension
Metabolic cardiology treatment uses key nutrient supplements to promote better cardiovascular health. At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, our providers can perform diagnostic testing to assess your heart’s current health, then develop a treatment plan for you once you meet with Dr. Jason Schottel. Our facility offers Brevard County metabolic cardiology treatment as well as other services, such as primary care, so that your health care remains smooth.
Metabolic Cardiology Uses Four Key Nutrients to Improve Heart Function
Metabolic cardiology was brought to light as a form of treatment for cardiac-related diseases sometime in the 1980s, but research by Dr. Stephen T. Sinatra in the 2000s would show that there exist specific nutrients and minerals that can encourage better heart function in patients when received.
Sinatra’s report in Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine found that nutritional biochemical interventions could improve myocardial (heart muscle) energy and other physiological functions. To understand what this means, we’ll break it down in the following sections.
Understanding the Awesome Foursome
When we mention “nutritional biochemical interventions,” we’re referring to what Dr. Sinatra calls “the awesome foursome.” These are four nutrients that serve different promotional functions in the body, and they are:
- Magnesium: This mineral is great for adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production, which generates myocardial energy. It also helps open up your blood vessels, which can increase blood circulation.
- Co-enzyme Q10: This is an antioxidant and co-enzyme for energy production. It generally produces a positive impact on diastolic function, allowing the heart to receive blood better when pumping. As such, it can be a good treatment for people with high blood pressure or hypertension, congestive heart failure, or intermittent arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats).
- D-Ribose: This is a naturally occurring simple carbohydrate that helps reduce glucose levels in the body. It can help stimulate energy metabolism in the heart, which improves pump functions in the heart. D-Ribose should be consumed with fruit juice, like orange juice, or food to avoid glucose level drops.
- L-carnitine: This is a compound that encourages cellular detoxification and helps transfer fatty acid fragments so that they convert to ATP energy. In doing so, it also improves diastolic function, allowing better blood flow in the heart.
Many of these nutrients come in the form of powders or oral supplements, which we can prescribe to you as part of your Brevard County metabolic cardiology treatment. Other pharmacological metabolic modulators also exist, such as trimetazidine (as reported in Cardiac Failure Review), which our providers may discuss if that’s a viable option for you.
Additionally, if you have other nutrient deficiencies, we may suggest IV infusion therapy as part of your wellness plan.
Key Nutrients Promote Better ATP Production for Myocardial Energy
The significance behind ATP production is that the body uses ATP for nearly every bodily function, particularly in muscle contraction and relaxation. Concerning heart muscle (myocardium), you need ATP to convert chemical energy to mechanical energy, as in you need key nutrients to encourage the heart to pump at a regular rate so that blood flows through your veins and arteries.
Without sufficient ATP production, you can cause blockages in your arteries because your heart won’t have enough energy to pump blood through your body. It’ll be too weak. Metabolic cardiology aims to combat any low nutrient levels people have and help “energy-starved” hearts from becoming too weak to function, ideally avoiding heart attacks or strokes.
What You Can Expect When You Visit Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates
When you come to Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates for metabolic cardiology treatment, you can expect the following:
- A physical exam, which may involve checking your heart rate
- A blood pressure test
- Weight check
- Blood work, if needed, such as to check your cholesterol levels
- A consultation with our office physician
During your appointment, you’ll be able to ask our providers any questions about the treatment you decide to receive. We will also schedule follow-up appointments to monitor your progress.
Our Facility Provides Other Therapies and Treatments to Improve Your Health
Our facility offers various other anti-aging and regenerative therapies that may be suitable for you, depending on your condition. For example, if you exhibit low levels of testosterone and find it difficult to lose weight, we may look into hormone replacement therapy to improve your energy levels.
Some other treatments we offer include:
- IV infusion therapy
- Primary care services
- Chiropractic medicine
Feel free to discuss any of these options in your appointment if you are interested.
Why Should You Care About Cardiometabolic Health?
Improving your cardiometabolic health can lower your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases or conditions that could negatively affect your heart, such as:
- Congestive heart failure
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Insulin resistance
- Dyslipidemia (a condition caused by imbalanced cholesterol levels)
Our facility wants to help patients reach their optimal health, and it starts with making sure your heart is okay. We may suggest general lifestyle changes, such as exercise and nutritional plans while prescribing medical interventions.
Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to Schedule Your First Appointment
If you or a loved one suffers from cardiovascular disease or a related condition, feel free to visit Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates in our facility near Brevard County. Metabolic cardiology treatment can be a great way to improve your overall heart health while addressing other risk factors in your body.
Our providers also perform various other therapies and treatments, from IV infusion therapy to chiropractic care, so we may also discuss other options for your treatment plan. Call now to schedule your first appointment for metabolic cardiology treatment.