Are you interested in platelet-rich plasma (PRP) stem cell therapy? This type of regenerative treatment utilizes the healing properties of platelets and the growth properties of stem cells to restore and regenerate damaged tissue in the body.
If you live in Daytona Beach and have joint pain or hair loss, Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates offers Daytona Beach PRP stem cell therapy to help patients improve their overall health. In this article, we will explain how this treatment is conducted and what health conditions it treats.
What Is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Stem Cell Therapy?
PRP stem cell therapy is a form of regenerative medicine that restores tissue damage that severe injuries, chronic illnesses, or cellular dysfunction cause.
The principle behind this treatment method is to combine the healing and regenerative properties of platelets and stem cells and use this combination to target specific areas of the body to boost healing.
Platelets Exist in the Blood and Encourage Healing
The Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology explains PRP and stem cell therapy’s benefits by first explaining how each of these cells functions in the body. Platelets, for example, are blood components that release growth factors to heal the body whenever it experiences physical trauma (i.e., injuries).
Platelets exist in the bloodstream but can also be extracted into a concentrated plasma. Advancements in medicine have seen how platelet-rich plasma can be used as a treatment due to its anti-inflammatory and regenerative potential. Its healing properties help reduce pain, encourage tissue repair, and even lead to restoration in the body, particularly bone marrow.
Stem Cells Exist in Bone Marrow and Encourage Growth
Stem cells are immature cells in the body that have yet to gain functional properties. They have the potential to mature into any kind of cell in the body, but they generally adopt the native properties of the area they’re in.
Stem cells used for regenerative medicine are generally derived from fatty tissue or bone marrow. They then get extracted into a fluid. Stem cell therapy has shown greater restoration properties than PRP therapy because stem cells can grow from a new point instead of a healed one. They can be an effective way to treat joint pain and minor tissue repair.
Does PRP Stem Cell Therapy Require Surgery?
One of the appeals about both platelet-rich plasma therapy and stem cell therapy is that both procedures are noninvasive and do not require surgery. These regenerative therapies are similar in how they’re conducted, so they can be combined with relative ease.
How We Extract Platelets
The procedure to extract platelets from your body involves the following steps:
- Drawing blood:First, we will take a sample of your blood into a vial. By using platelets from your body, the area we aim to treat will be more likely to receive them than it might with donated platelets.
- Centrifuging the blood: Once we have a blood sample, we will put the vial into a centrifuge machine, which spins the blood at a fast rate. This process splits up the components that make up the blood, separating the platelet-rich plasma from other blood fluids.
- Injecting the PRP: If you are only receiving PRP therapy, we will then put it into a syringe to inject it into the treatment area. However, if you are getting PRP stem cell therapy, we will combine the plasma with your stem cells before injecting it into the treatment area.
Keep in mind that many patients require multiple sessions to see improvement in their health or desired results. We will inform you about how many sessions you will need to participate in before beginning your treatment.
How We Extract Stem Cells
The procedure to extract stem cells from your body involves similar steps as extracting PRP:
- Getting fatty tissue:There are two options to retrieving stem cells from the body: fatty tissue or bone marrow. Fatty tissue can be an easier method, as only a small sample is required. We may use a liposuction machine to extract this tissue.
- Centrifuging the tissue matter: Like platelets, stem cells can be extracted from fatty tissue matter by centrifugation. We will put the sample into the medical machine to separate the stem cells, which will be in a fluid.
- Combining stem cells with PRP: We can then combine the stem cells with the PRP using another medical device before injecting it back into your body. This creates a concentrated plasma aimed at regenerating your tissue.
Like PRP therapy, stem cell therapy may require multiple sessions before you experience significant results. However, many patients report seeing a change after the first or second session.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
What to Expect From the PRP Stem Cell Therapy Procedure
If you would like to better understand what your PRP stem cell therapy appointment will be like before coming down from Daytona Beach, we understand your concern. PRP stem cell therapy is a noninvasive procedure with minimal side effects, which our physicians will go over based on any preexisting conditions you have.
First, We Determine Where You Want the Treatment Done
The PRP and stem cells will be injected depending on the area of the body you are treating. For example:
- If you are receiving this therapy to cure an injury, we will most likely inject it where the ligament, tendon, or muscle pain is.
- If you are seeking to treat hair loss, we will inject the substance into your scalp to target damaged hair follicles.
- If you are using PRP stem cell therapy to treat erectile dysfunction (ED), we will inject the PRP and stem cells into the penis.
After PRP stem cell treatment, you can resume regular activities, including sexual intercourse.
We Will Discuss Any Potential Side Effects You Might Experience
Some side effects of PRP stem cell therapy include:
- Soreness or tenderness around the injection site
- Infection around the injection site, which includes signs of bleeding, pus, or sharp pain
- Blood clotting
- Bruising or skin discoloration around the injection site
- Allergic reaction due to the body rejecting its own serum
While many patients typically experience these side effects as a result of being injected with a needle, you should alert your physician immediately if your symptoms worsen and become significantly painful or concerning. You should not continue experiencing side effects beyond 48 hours unless your doctor specifies otherwise.
Results Vary According to the Condition You’re Treating
How soon you might expect to see results depends on the individual and the condition you are treating.
Some patients can feel immediate effects if they suffer from inflammation. ED patients may see results in two to three weeks. Those who are treating hair loss may require six to eight months to see significant hair regrowth.
Daytona Beach PRP Stem Cell (386) 366-7418
What Health Conditions Does PRP Stem Cell Therapy Treat?
PRP stem cell therapy can be used to treat various health conditions, including:
- Tendon injuries
- Ligament injuries
- Muscle injuries
- Osteoarthritis (joint pain), particularly in the knees and hips
- Erectile dysfunction and other sexual dysfunctions
- Hair loss in both men and women
As more research is done to assess the efficacy of PRP stem cell therapy as a treatment for other conditions not mentioned in this list, you may want to consult your physician about how this treatment could benefit you.
Click to contact an Areas We Serve today
Schedule Your PRP Stem Cell Therapy Appointment at Our Facility Near Daytona Beach
Our Port Orange location is just next to Daytona Beach, so if you are interested in PRP stem cell therapy, feel free to call our facility to schedule an appointment. We can discuss what to expect from the treatment based on your health goals and how long the effects may last. We will also conduct a physical exam and perform lab work beforehand to assess your physical condition.
Call (386) 366-7418 to set up your appointment at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates. We also provide other medical services, such as chiropractic care and IV infusion therapy.
Call or text (386) 366-7418 or Schedule an Appointment Today!