Interested in platelet-rich plasma (PRP) stem cell therapy? This type of regenerative treatment utilizes the healing properties of platelets and the growth properties of stem cells to restore and regenerate damaged tissue in the body.
If you live in Daytona Beach and would like to get PRP stem cell therapy, Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates offers this treatment procedure to patients. In this article, we will explain how this treatment is conducted and what health conditions it treats.
What Is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Stem Cell Therapy?
PRP stem cell therapy is a form of regenerative medicine that restores tissue damage caused by severe injuries, chronic illnesses, or cellular dysfunction.
The principle behind this treatment method is to combine the healing and regenerative properties of platelets and stem cells, then use this combination to target specific areas of the body to boost healing.
Platelets Exist in the Blood and Encourage Healing
The Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology explains PRP and stem cell therapy’s benefits by first explaining how each of these cells functions in the body. Platelets, for example, are blood components that release growth factors to heal the body whenever it experiences physical trauma (i.e., injuries).
Platelets exist in the bloodstream but can also be extracted into a concentrated plasma. Advancements in medicine have seen how platelet-rich plasma can be used as a treatment due to its anti-inflammatory and regenerative potential. Its healing properties help reduce pain, encourage tissue repair, and even lead to restoration in the body, particularly bone marrow.
Stem Cells Exist in Bone Marrow and Encourage Growth
Stem cells are immature cells in the body that have yet to gain functional properties. They have the potential to mature into any kind of cell in the body, but they generally adopt the native properties of the area they’re in.
Stem cells used for regenerative medicine are generally derived from fatty tissue or bone marrow. They then get extracted into a fluid. Stem cell therapy has shown greater restoration properties than PRP therapy because stem cells have the ability to grow from a new point instead of a healed one. They can be an effective way to treat joint pain and minor tissue repair.
For a free legal consultation with a prp stem cell lawyer serving Daytona, call (386) 366-7418
Does PRP Stem Cell Therapy Require Surgery?
One of the appeals about both platelet-rich plasma therapy and stem cell therapy is that both procedures are noninvasive and do not require surgery. These regenerative therapies are similar in how they’re conducted, so they can be combined with relative ease.
How We Extract Platelets
The procedure to extract platelets from your body involves the following steps:
- Drawing blood: First, we will take a sample of your blood into a vial. By using platelets from your body, the area we aim to treat will be more likely to receive them than it might with donated platelets.
- Centrifuging the blood: Once we have a blood sample, we will put the vial into a centrifuge machine, which spins the blood at a fast rate. This process splits up the components that make up the blood, separating the platelet-rich plasma from other blood fluids.
- Injecting the PRP: If you are only receiving PRP therapy, we will then put it into a syringe to inject it into the treatment area. However, if you are getting PRP stem cell therapy, we will combine the plasma with your stem cells before injecting it into the treatment area.
How We Extract Stem Cells
The procedure to extract stem cells from your body involves similar steps as extracting PRP:
- Getting fatty tissue: There are two options to retrieving stem cells from the body: fatty tissue or bone marrow. Fatty tissue can be an easier method, as only a small sample is required. We may use a liposuction machine to extract this tissue.
- Centrifuging the tissue matter: Like platelets, stem cells can be extracted from fatty tissue matter by centrifugation. We will put the sample into the medical machine to separate the stem cells, which will be in a fluid.
- Combining stem cells with PRP: We can then combine the stem cells with the PRP using another medical device before injecting it back into your body. This creates a concentrated plasma aimed at regenerating your tissue.
What to Expect from the Procedure
The PRP and stem cells will be injected depending on the area of the body you are treating. For example:
- If you are receiving this therapy to cure an injury, most likely we will inject it where the ligament, tendon, or muscle pain is.
- If you are seeking to treat hair loss, we will inject the substance into your scalp to target damaged hair follicles.
- If you are using PRP stem cell therapy to treat erectile dysfunction (ED), we will inject the PRP and stem cells into the penis.
After PRP stem cell treatment, you can resume regular activities, including sexual intercourse.
How soon you might expect to see results depend on the individual and the condition you are treating. Some patients can feel immediate effects if they suffer from inflammation. ED patients may see results in two to three weeks. Those who are treating hair loss may require six to eight months to see significant hair regrowth.
Daytona PRP Stem Cell Lawyer Near Me (386) 366-7418
What Health Conditions Does PRP Stem Cell Therapy Treat?
PRP stem cell therapy can be used to treat various health conditions, including:
- Tendon injuries
- Ligament injuries
- Muscle injuries
- Osteoarthritis (joint pain), particularly in the knees and hips
- Erectile dysfunction and other sexual dysfunctions
- Hair loss in both men and women
Schedule Your PRP Stem Cell Therapy Appointment at Our Facility
Our Port Orange location is just next to Daytona Beach, so if you are interested in PRP stem cell therapy, feel free to call our facility to schedule an appointment. We can discuss what to expect from the treatment based on your health goals and how long effects may last. We will also conduct a physical exam and perform some lab work beforehand to assess your physical condition.
Call (386) 366-7418 to set up your appointment at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates.