Hair loss can often make people feel insecure or even ashamed about their appearance, especially if it results from aging or genetics, meaning it’s beyond the individual’s control. However, with advancements in medicine, people have hair restoration options that can help them improve their appearance.
If you suffer from hair loss, known as androgenetic alopecia, our physicians at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates may be able to help you regenerate new hair growth and improve the health of your scalp and hair. We welcome Jacksonville residents to visit our facility for a hair restoration consultation and learn more about how they can improve their health.
Treatments for Hair Loss Range from Surgical Procedure to Injection Therapies
Our facility provides various treatments to help patients restore thickness in their hair. Certain treatments may require multiple sessions in order for patients to see results, which we will discuss with you as we build your treatment plan.
Jacksonville hair restoration treatments include:
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT):This is a surgical procedure that involves transferring a portion of your scalp that still grows hair to another portion of your scalp that doesn’t. Referred to as “hair transplants,” recovery periods can be extensive.
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE): This surgical option is less painful and requires less recovery time than FUT, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI).In this procedure, hair follicles get transferred instead of the scalp.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell therapy:PRP and stem cell therapy are non-surgical options that take advantage of the healing and regenerative properties of platelets and stem cells. This procedure involves extracting PRP and stem cells and injecting them into the scalp to encourage regrowth. The Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery reported significant results after four sessions.
- Microneedling: This is a skincare treatment that helps boost collagen production. A structural protein that enhances tissue repair can help heal the scalp and restore the health of the hair follicles. This treatment can also be combined with PRP therapy.
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT): If your hair loss is a result of low testosterone or some other hormone imbalance, we may prescribe hormone replacement therapy to help you get your levels back in order.
- Drug treatment:There are over the counter (OTC) and prescription drug options available to treat hair loss. We may discuss these options if you are interested.
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we offer various hair restoration treatment options. When you come in for an appointment, we will first identify whether your hair loss is a standalone issue or a sign of an underlying health condition.
We apply a holistic approach to examining our patients to improve their overall health. Should we discover other health issues causing your hair loss, we can discuss treatment plan options with you, which may also include customized nutritional diet plans and exercise regimens.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Hair Loss Can Be Caused By Other Factors Besides Aging and Family Genetics
While getting older or poor genetics are the standard causes for hair loss, for many people, other factors might be causing them to notice their hair thinning. These causes include:
- Hormonal changes: In both men and women, testosterone is the hormone that encourages hair growth and strength. If a person’s testosterone levels drop suddenly or gradually due to aging, one side effect of low testosterone is hair loss or thinning. Low testosterone can also cause other side effects, such as bone density loss, lowered libido, and weight gain.
- Vitamin deficiencies: Individuals with vitamin D deficiencies may trigger hair loss. Dermatology and Therapy issued a report on the role of different vitamins in the body, noting that vitamin D can affect the health of an individual’s follicle and that vitamin D deficiencies have been linked to alopecia in previous studies.
- Chronic stress from outside factors in a person’s life: Chronic stress can affect one’s immune system, which can have a consequential effect on follicles in the scalp. In other cases, stress can trigger negative compulsive behaviors, such as hair pulling, which can lead to balding if not intervened.
- Overuse of hair products or putting your hair up in tight ponytails every day: Certain hair products can dry out the scalp or cause hair to become brittle. Additionally, if you stress your hair follicles by tying up your hair in a tight ponytail or bun, you can cause follicles to weaken. Be gentle when combing or styling your hair and avoid excessive washing.
- Medications that list hair loss as a side effect: Certain medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or mood stabilizers, may list hair loss as a side effect. You can consult your physician or pharmacist to confirm whether your prescription medications may be causing your hair loss. You may be able to take alternative medicines to avoid this side effect.
If you suspect any of the above may be a causal factor for your hair loss, mention this to your physician during your consultation appointment.
Jacksonville Hair Restoration (386) 366-7418
Here’s an Idea of What You Might Expect in Your Hair Restoration Appointment
If you’re coming down from Jacksonville, you probably want to make sure you’re not wasting your time, right? Whenever we have patients coming in for a specific treatment, we will need to perform some tests to assess:
- Their current physical health
- The severity of their symptoms
- Whether other conditions are affecting their health
Still, to give you an idea about what to expect in your first appointment, we will:
Conduct a Physical Exam to Check Your Vitals
Yes, even for hair loss, checking your vitals is a crucial step. Because hair loss can be a symptom of other comorbidities (coexisting health conditions), we need to check if your blood pressure, breathing, heart rate, and other vitals are suitable for treatment or if we need to address other health concerns.
After your physical exam, we may also draw some blood to do some quick lab work. This allows us to check your internal system. For example, we may conduct tests to measure your hormone levels in case you have a deficiency.
Ask Some Questions About Your Personal Lifestyle
Finally, hair loss can be hugely affected by how we live, from our diet to our emotions. We may have you fill out a questionnaire or describe some aspects of your life so that we can understand whether your lifestyle might be affecting your hair’s health.
Some things we may ask about include:
- What you eat
- How you take care of your hair
- What medications you take
- Whether you experience stress often and what triggers it (e.g., work, relationships, finances, etc.)
If lifestyle factors might be causing your hair loss, we can create wellness plans to help you reduce your hair loss. For example, if you often crash diet for sports competitions and notice a pattern of hair loss, we can work with you to create a nutritional plan that is healthier for your body and allows you to achieve your goals.
Our Google Reviews Shed Light on Our Compassion and Dedication for Our Patients
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we want to make our patients feel secure in the medical treatment they’re receiving, which is why we take care to be thorough in how we explain our treatment procedures and answer any questions our patients might have. After all, your health is a top priority when inquiring about any type of procedure, including hair restoration.
Our previous patients have remarked on the medical care we offer:
- Sydney Creech wrote, “The was so knowledgeable, he took his time and I didn’t feel rushed when discussing all of my concerns. I felt listened for the first time ever. He answered all of my questions perfectly and made sure I understood what he was saying.”
- Shaun wrote, “I highly recommend this place for health and wellness on a physical aspect for sure but even more so cause it’s the only place to go for building the greatest version of yourself!”
We welcome our patients to write reviews about our services because we care about their opinions. We aim to provide high-quality medical care to our patients, whether they come in for hair restoration, hormone replacement therapy, IV infusion therapy, or another medical treatment we offer.
Visit Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to Discuss Hair Restoration Options
If you live in Jacksonville and are noticing signs of hair loss, come down to Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to discuss potential hair restoration treatment options. Our facility offers various anti-aging and regenerative therapies and treatments, and we can provide primary care services after assessing your physical health.
Call (386) 366-7418 today to schedule your appointment with us. Our facility is located on Dunlawton Avenue in Port Orange.