If you’re looking for someone to handle your Jacksonville hormone replacement therapy, contact Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates at (386) 366-7418 to make an appointment. We combine several methods of treatment to create a plan that is right for you.
Hormonal Changes Are a Natural Part of Aging
Everyone ages. And everyone, no matter their gender, will experience changing hormone levels as they get older. For example, testosterone levels begin to drop by about 1 percent a year after a certain age. This is sometimes referred to as andropause. Estrogen levels drop more dramatically during a period known as menopause.
Andropause and menopause can both be life-changing in their own ways. Because hormones are responsible for so much of our bodies’ physical and emotional characteristics, any change in hormone levels can lead to a variety of symptoms, such as:
- Weight gain
- Bone loss
- Hair loss
- Hot flashes
- Mood changes
- Memory problems
- Reduced energy levels
- Decreased sexual drive or function
These symptoms can range in severity. At first, you may be able to deal with them on your own if they are not too bad. But over time, or at their worst, they can affect your physical health, emotional health, and self-confidence.
Other Reasons Your Hormone Levels May Change
While hormonal changes are a normal part of aging, certain conditions can affect them much earlier. For example, according to Harvard Medical School, testosterone may decrease if you:
- Are on chemotherapy or cancer-fighting medications
- Have an infection
- Are very stressed
- Suffer from alcoholism
If any of these situations apply to you, be sure to speak with a doctor. You may need treatment beyond what hormone replacement therapy can provide. This is why you need to receive a thorough physical exam and testing before you begin any treatment.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book a Consultation for a hormone replacement therapy in Jacksonville
The Pros and Cons of Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormone replacement therapy comes in various forms. Sometimes it is injected. Other times, you can take it as a pill. The “right” form and dosage is different for every patient.
There are, of course, potential side effects and health risks associated with hormone replacement therapy. In this respect, it is no different from any other medical treatment. Below is a quick overview of the benefits and potential drawbacks of hormone replacement therapy.
When administered properly and combined with other treatments and lifestyle changes, hormone replacement therapy can help you:
- Lose weight
- Sleep better
- Protect your bones
- Have more energy
- Increase your sex drive
- Improve sexual function
- Feel better overall
At Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates, we use bioidentical hormones. These are hormones or combinations of hormones produced in a laboratory. They are, for all intents and purposes, chemically identical to the hormones your body produces.
Hormone replacement therapy is not always the right choice for people with certain pre-existing conditions. That said, potential side effects and risks can be greatly reduced when treatment is:
- Administered properly: Your treating physician will decide how much hormone to administer and the best route of delivery.
- Monitored closely: Your treating physician will monitor your hormone levels and your overall health. They will implement the necessary course corrections as soon as warning signs are detected.
It is better to take action sooner rather than later. The Mayo Clinic reports that it is best to start estrogen therapy within ten years of menopause. According to Harvard Medical School, low testosterone levels may contribute to heart problems. If you are experiencing the symptoms listed above, do not hesitate to call us.
If you decide that hormone replacement therapy treatment sounds good for you, call Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates at (386) 366-7418. Our unique combination of treatments can help you feel more like yourself again.
Jacksonville Hormone Replacement Therapy (386) 366-7418
How We Can Help
If you decide to try hormone replacement therapy in Jacksonville, call us. Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates believes that the best treatments are those that take care of your entire body. After all, hormones are affected by other aspects of your body and health. By targeting all potential areas for improvement, you stand a much better chance of feeling better than if you only took hormone pills. This is why we take a holistic approach to all treatments.
During your treatment with us, we will:
- Start with tests: Before deciding on a treatment for you, we will confirm that you have low hormone levels and that something else isn’t causing your symptoms.
- Inform you of your options: It is important to get as much information as you can before you start any treatment. We can help educate you about hormone replacement therapy before you start.
- Personalize your treatment: This includes raising or lowering your dose as needed and recommending concurrent treatments (e.g., fitness/nutrition or chiropractic care) that may alleviate your symptoms or improve your overall health.
- Monitor you throughout treatment: This is, perhaps, the most critical step of all. Monitoring will tell us how you respond to treatment and let us know if any adjustments are required to keep you on track.
It is important to realize that hormone replacement therapy is not a magical cure-all. It will not eliminate all symptoms of aging. But if you go into treatment with realistic expectations and a willingness to work closely with your treating physician, the results can be life-changing.
Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates offers a wide range of noninvasive treatments for low or unbalanced hormone levels. To learn if Jacksonville hormone replacement therapy is right for you, call our office at (386) 366-7418. We have plenty of tools at our disposal to help you feel better in both mind and body.