Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) serves as a treatment option for individuals who have a hormonal imbalance, such as low testosterone or estrogen levels. Having a hormonal deficiency can lead to side effects like hair loss, low libido, and mood swings. Whether you have low hormone levels due to aging or menopause or because of another health condition, HRT can help restore your hormonal levels so that you feel like yourself again.
If you’re looking for someone to handle your Jacksonville hormone replacement therapy, come to our facility for an appointment. Our physicians at Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates can observe your symptoms and determine whether HRT is a viable treatment option for you. We can build a treatment plan that addresses your needs and encourages healing.
Hormonal Changes Are a Natural Part of Aging
Everyone ages. No matter their gender, everyone will experience changing hormone levels as they get older. For example, testosterone levels begin to drop by about one percent a year after a certain age. This is sometimes referred to as andropause. Estrogen levels drop more dramatically during a period known as menopause.
Hormonal Deficiencies Can Lead to Negative Symptoms
Andropause and menopause can both be life-changing in their own ways. Because hormones are responsible for so much of our bodies’ physical and emotional characteristics, any change in hormone levels can lead to a variety of symptoms, such as:
- Weight gain
- Bone loss
- Hair loss
- Hot flashes
- Mood changes
- Memory problems
- Reduced energy levels
- Decreased sexual drive or function
These symptoms can range in severity. At first, you may be able to deal with them on your own if they are not too bad. However, over time (or at their worst), they can affect your physical and emotional health and self-confidence.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Other Reasons Your Hormone Levels May Change
While hormonal changes are a normal part of aging, certain conditions can affect them much earlier. For example, according to Harvard Medical School, testosterone may decrease if you:
- Are on chemotherapy or cancer-fighting medications
- Have an infection
- Are very stressed
- Suffer from alcoholism
If any of these situations apply to you, be sure to speak with a doctor. You may need treatment beyond what hormone replacement therapy can provide. This is why you need to receive a thorough physical exam and testing before starting any treatment.
The Pros and Cons of Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormone replacement therapy comes in various forms. Sometimes it is injected. Other times, you can take it as a pill. The “right” form and dosage are different for every patient.
There are, of course, potential side effects and health risks associated with hormone replacement therapy. In this respect, it is no different from any other medical treatment. Below is a quick overview of hormone replacement therapy’s benefits and potential drawbacks.
Jacksonville Hormone Replacement Therapy (386) 366-7418
When administered properly and combined with other treatments and lifestyle changes, hormone replacement therapy can help you:
- Lose weight
- Sleep better
- Protect your bones
- Have more energy
- Increase your sex drive
- Improve sexual function
- Feel better overall
At Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates, we use bioidentical hormones. These are hormones or combinations of hormones produced in a laboratory. They are, for all intents and purposes, chemically identical to the hormones your body produces.
Hormone replacement therapy is not always the right choice for people with certain pre-existing conditions. That said, potential side effects and risks can be greatly reduced when treatment is:
- Administered properly: Your treating physician will decide how much hormones to administer and the best route of delivery.
- Monitored closely: Your treating physician will monitor your hormone levels and overall health. They will implement the necessary course corrections as soon as warning signs are detected.
It is better to take action sooner rather than later. The Mayo Clinic reports that it is best to start estrogen therapy within 10 years of menopause. According to Harvard Medical School, low testosterone levels may contribute to heart problems. If you are experiencing the symptoms listed above, you should seek medical care as soon as possible.
Hormone Replacement Therapy Can Help Patients Reduce Other Symptoms
In the Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, patients with other comorbidities found HRT treatment beneficial. These comorbidities included:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Colorectal cancer
If you are a woman who has reached perimenopausal or menopausal age, HRT can also help reduce symptoms related to menopause, such as hot flashes, vaginal discomfort, and mood swings.
HRT can also help individuals increase bone density, allowing them to build strength in their bones and muscles. Men who have lost muscle mass can use testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), a form of HRT, to enhance their muscles and regain mobility and functionality again.
How Our Physicians at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates Can Help
If you decide to try hormone replacement therapy, you can visit our facility near Jacksonville. At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we believe that the best treatments are those that take care of your entire body. After all, hormones are affected by other aspects of your body and health.
By targeting all potential areas for improvement, you stand a much better chance of feeling better than if you only took hormone pills. This is why we take a holistic approach to all treatments.
What to Expect During Your Hormone Replacement Therapy Treatment
During your treatment with us, we will:
- Perform diagnostic tests: Before deciding on a treatment for you, we will confirm that you have low hormone levels and that something else isn’t causing your symptoms. This may involve sending samples of your blood to the lab to measure your testosterone, estrogen, or other androgen levels.
- Inform you of your options: It is important to get as much information as possible before starting any treatment. We can help educate you about hormone replacement therapy before you start. Our facility offers various anti-aging and regenerative services, so if other treatments we offer can address your concerns, we can discuss those options as well.
- Personalize your treatment: This includes raising or lowering your dose as needed and recommending concurrent treatments (e.g., fitness/nutrition or chiropractic care) that may alleviate your symptoms or improve your overall health.
- Monitor you throughout treatment: This is, perhaps, the most critical step of all. Monitoring will tell us how you respond to treatment and let us know if any adjustments are required to keep you on track.
It is important to realize that hormone replacement therapy is not a magical cure-all. It will not eliminate all symptoms of aging. However, if you go into treatment with realistic expectations and a willingness to work closely with your treating physician, the results can be life changing.
Our Patients Give Us Good Reviews on Google After Getting Treatment
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we aim to build long-term relationships with our patients because we care about their health. Below are some of the reviews we’ve received from patients at our facility about our medical care services:
- Alexandra Staub wrote, “From the moment you walk in the office, you feel great about your decision for choosing Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates. Martina is always so welcoming at the front desk and Ashley has an amazing bedside manner that every practitioner should have! My husband and I both go see the team here and have always had wonderful visits every time we go! Thanks for all your hard work, guys!!!”
- Ken Poulin wrote, “My wife and I have been working with Dr. J for over two years. I am 55 years old and in better shape and feel better than when I was 35 years old. We love the staff! Lucas, the personal trainer, totally transformed our mindsets on training and fitness. Martina is amazing, we’re always happy to see Spyro, and Dr. Jason is the most trusted medical professional we have ever dealt with. Discovering Anti-Aging Associates has been life-changing for us.”
When you come to our facility, we strive to give you customized care that addresses your body’s needs. We prescribe treatment that encourages healing from a whole-body perspective rather than treating your symptoms alone. This allows our patients to have long-lasting healing and wellness.
Get Hormone Replacement Therapy at Our Facility Near Jacksonville, Florida
When you come in for your first appointment, our physicians will conduct a physical exam and do lab work to see if hormone replacement therapy is a viable treatment option for you. You can ask questions about our other medical services in Jacksonville, such as IV infusion therapy, Botox therapy or PRP stem cell therapy.
Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates offers a wide range of noninvasive treatments for low or unbalanced hormone levels. To learn if Jacksonville hormone replacement therapy is right for you, call our office at (386) 366-7418. We have plenty of tools to help you feel better in both mind and body.