The internists at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates specialize in internal medicine and focus on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses in adults. Our providers are equipped with a broad range of knowledge which helps us to diagnose different types of conditions and determine the best treatment plan.
A Jacksonville internal medicine provider at our practice will focus on preventative care and solving complex conditions that other providers may have found difficult to diagnose. Our practice also includes in-house therapies to provide treatment for chronic illnesses. Let Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates help you today.
Types of Diseases Internal Medicine Physicians Treat
During training, internal medicine physicians focus on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses that adult patients can suffer from. This specialized training gives internal medicine physicians the ability to diagnose complex illnesses or diseases.
Treatment plans created by internal medicine physicians can be more effective because they focus on the person as a whole. They treat the illness but also the root causes of the illness. When our physicians diagnose your condition, they will prescribe a treatment or therapy best suited to your healthcare needs. We offer a variety of treatments and therapies in our office that you could begin the day of your diagnosis.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
What is the Difference Between Family Doctors and Internal Medicine Physicians?
Many patients may confuse family doctors and internal medicine doctors (internists) with each other. While there are some similarities between the two, there are many differences. Family doctors practice medicine on both the children and adults in the family. Internists focus primarily on adults. The training for both types of doctors is for the same length of time, but they are trained differently.
Internal medicine doctors can further their training in a subspecialty. Some of the subspecialties of internal medicine include:
- Endocrinology: This branch of medicine deals with the endocrine system which controls the hormones in your body. The illnesses an endocrinologist would diagnose and treat include thyroid disorders, osteoporosis, infertility, hypertension, and cholesterol problems.
- Rheumatology: Medical professionals who sub-specialize in rheumatology can diagnose and prescribe treatment for arthritis and other diseases that involve the muscles, joints, and bones.
- Infectious diseases: This branch of medicine focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. Usually, general internists can treat patients with infectious diseases. If someone has an unknown infectious disease, they sometimes call on an internist who has sub-specialized in this area.
- Neurology: This branch of medicine focuses on managing disorders of the brain and nervous systems. Some of the conditions an internist sub-specializing in neurology may treat include migraines, epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, concussions, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and strokes.
- Psychiatry: This branch of medicine focuses on diagnosing, treating, and preventing mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders. Psychiatrists assess the mental and physical aspects of someone’s psychological problems.
- Dermatology: Dermatologists diagnose and treat skin disorders. They study normal skin and disorders of the skin. Cancers, cosmetic, and aging conditions of the skin all fall under the sub-specialty of dermatology.
- Ophthalmology: This branch of medicine focuses on eye and vision care. Ophthalmologists are different from optometrists and opticians in their level of training and what they can diagnose and treat.
- Gynecology: A branch of medicine that deals with the routine physical care of the reproductive system of women. They perform pelvic exams, pap tests, cancer screenings, and testing for vaginal infections.
- Palliative medicine: This includes specialized medical care for people living with serious illnesses. The focus is to help patients find relief from the symptoms of the illness. This type of care is based on the needs of the patient and not their prognosis.
- Geriatrics: A specialty focused on providing quality care for people as they become older. These doctors focus on improving the health, independence, and quality of life of older people.
Internists are trained to be able to provide a comprehensive level of care for their adult patients. Internal medicine physicians are trained in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Those who are in training to become family doctors focus more on wellness care for their patients. This includes both acute and chronic conditions they may have. Family medicine training includes experience with the following:
- Inpatient hospital patients
- Adult critical care
- Care for children in hospital settings
- Care of children in emergency settings
- Newborn encounters
- Geriatric care
- Musculoskeletal medicine
How Are the Two Types of Medicine Different?
Internal medicine is more comprehensive than family medicine because they focus more on each of the subspecialties. Internists can diagnose complicated medical situations since they have experience in each subspecialty. Although internists are experts at diagnosing a variety of conditions, they can also act as primary care providers.
Family medicine providers are trained to work with a variety of patients. These types of physicians can work with entire families. Their skillset focuses on continued care, health maintenance, and disease prevention. Family physicians can also act as primary care providers.
Jacksonville Internal Medicine (386) 366-7418
Our Patients Have Great Things to Say About Our Practice
- “I had a great experience here. The staff is very accommodating and more than helpful. I am thoroughly impressed with the professionalism by the dr jason and the staff. They have earned a repeat client and I will continue doing business with them!”
This is a great clinic and the Doctors are very well informed with the latest and greatest equipment and research. I would most definitely recommend this to anyone looking to understand more about their health and conditions from a genetic standpoint. Dr. Schottel and his team work diligently to provide every patient with the tools and knowledge to enhance longevity. Very worth the time and investment!”
- “My experience with Dr. Jonathan has given me a lot of relief so far. I have issues with tension in my neck and back from my job, sinus pressure and TMJ. He has remedied all of those issues so far. Very pleased with my experience and look forward to my visits.”
Click to contact an Areas We Serve today
Schedule an Appointment With a Jacksonville Internal Medicine Doctor at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates
Our Jacksonville internal medicine providers are committed to research and using their scientific knowledge and clinical experience to prevent, treat, and diagnose adult illnesses. If you have been suffering from chronic symptoms contact our office today to schedule an appointment. We look forward to helping you live a healthier life.
Call or text (386) 366-7418 or Schedule an Appointment Today!