Metals can build up to toxic levels in the body over time, causing pain, discomfort, and illness. Sometimes, they enter the body by breathing in polluted air or drinking contaminated water. Heavy metal buildup can also accompany a medical condition, such as a blood disorder or a disease. Some people use chelation therapy to clear these metals from the body and manage their conditions.
Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates offers chelation therapy to people in Jacksonville, FL, seeking ways to improve their health and well-being. If you or a loved one wants to explore this treatment, our Jacksonville facility’s professionals can explain how the treatment works and help you decide if it’s right for you. You can discuss your options when you connect with us. You can make an appointment with our facility today.
What Is Chelation Therapy, and How does It Work?
Chelation therapy is a chemical procedure that removes heavy metals, such as lead, mercury, arsenic, nickel, aluminum, and others, from the body. During the procedure, patients receive intravenous injections containing chelating agents that bind to the metals found in the bloodstream. Once the chelating agents attach to the metals, they create a compound that filters out of the bloodstream and through the kidneys. The compound then exits the body through the urine.
Common chelating agents, also known as chelators, are:
- Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA): A human-made amino acid that detoxes the bloodstream of toxic levels of lead, iron, copper, and other metals. EDTA can also help clear the body of patients of mineral buildup, such as calcium deposits that can cause blockage in the arteries.
- Dimercaprol: This chelator treats toxic levels of heavy metal poisoning. Metals it can remove include mercury, arsenic, and gold. Medical professionals can use it to treat large buildups of copper in the body, which occurs with Wilson’s disease.
- Penicillamine: This is another chelating agent that medical professionals use to treat patients with excess copper in the body. People with Wilson’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, kidney stones, or skin disorders, such as scleroderma, could benefit from penicillamine.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
How We Administer Chelation Therapy at Our Jacksonville, FL, Facility
We offer our patients chelation therapy as an IV infusion therapy package. Vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants enter the bloodstream directly during IV therapy. The chelators we use to treat your condition will depend on what your medical condition is as well as your wellness goals. We will evaluate you to determine if you have metal poisoning, the kind of metal poisoning you have, and what your health condition is.
The Jacksonville chelation therapy services we offer are done under the supervision of a licensed medical professional. While the therapy sessions could take several hours to complete, the procedures are non-invasive, so patients do not have to undergo expensive surgeries or other methods to receive this medication.
We Will Get to Know You and Assess Your Needs First
When you come into our office for your appointment, our staff member will ask you to fill out a questionnaire so that we can know what treatment options you are interested in and which ones fit your chelation therapy needs.
Jacksonville Chelation (386) 366-7418
Deciding if Chelation Therapy Is Right for You
Many people use chelation therapy to treat a wide variety of health conditions and ailments. At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we focus on traditional and integrative medical treatments that help treat our clients’ conditions, meet their wellness goals, and feel their best.
When you come in to see us, we will discuss the chelation therapy services we offer and if they align with your needs. We offer each patient a physical exam, lab work, and a consultation to review their needs and how our healthcare professionals can meet them.
Here is what a few of our clients say about working with our wellness team:
- “The team of doctors at Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates are truly wonderful. They are down to earth, kind, compassionate and take a safer more meaningful approach to health and wellness than most other doctors these days! I would highly recommend them for anyone suffering with a specific illness or even those just looking to improve their overall health and well-being!”– Rick B., Ormond Beach, FL, Patient
- “This is a great clinic and the Doctors are very well informed with the latest and greatest equipment and research. I would most definitely recommend this to anyone looking to understand more about their health and conditions from a genetic standpoint. Dr. Schottel and his team work diligently to provide every patient with the tools and knowledge to enhance longevity. Very worth the time and investment!” – Spyro C., Google
Click to contact an Areas We Serve today
Call Us Today for a Consultation About Chelation Therapy in Jacksonville, FL
If you want to pursue chelation therapy services at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates in Jacksonville, we’re ready to meet with you and get started on how we can help you meet your goals. Call us today to schedule an appointment. We can help you get on the path to recovery and detox from heavy metals that keep you from living your best life.
Call or text (386) 366-7418 or Schedule an Appointment Today!