In regenerative medicine, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy and stem cell therapy have grown in popularity as more studies find promising results. Together, PRP and stem cells can be combined and injected into a patient’s body to restore tissue damage and even boost rejuvenation. If you live in Jacksonville and would like to try PRP stem cell therapy, Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates offers this treatment. You can speak with one of our physicians and learn more about whether this treatment can help you.
PRP Stem Cell Therapy Can Both Restore and Rejuvenate Damaged Tissue
According to the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, PRP- and stem cell-based therapies are recently developed forms of regenerative medicine that have shown promise regarding tissue repair, pain and inflammation relief, and rejuvenation.
Combining PRP and stem cells combines the healing properties of platelets with stem cells’ growth properties, allowing a wide realm of possibilities when it comes to treatment.
New Studies Show PRP Stem Cell Therapy’s Efficacy
Below are some of the latest findings involving PRP stem cell therapy:
- It can reduce joint pain: Current Reviews in Musculoskeletal Medicine found that PRP therapy can be an effective treatment for osteoarthritis (joint pain), particularly in the knee. Treatment may require three to four injection sessions and can see results lasting a year or more.
- It can heal severe bodily injuries: The University of Miami Health System notes that PRP therapy has been effective with wound healing, particularly muscle, tendon, and ligament injuries. Stem cell therapy also shows promise in partial tendon and ligament injuries.
- It can treat erectile dysfunction (ED): Bio-Medical Materials and Engineering found that stem cell therapy helps restore penile cellular damage. Combined with PRP therapy, these therapies can help alleviate ED, with results showing within two to three weeks.
- It can encourage growth after hair loss: The Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery found that PRP stem cell therapy was effective in treating hair loss after four injection sessions. Hair follicles were able to regrow and remain strong.
Mayo Clinic lists the latest clinical studies out on PRP stem cell therapy. Currently, this treatment is going through experiments to see its efficacy in treating various conditions, ranging from diabetic kidney disease to breast cancer.
Can PRP Stem Cell Therapy Be Used for Aesthetic Purposes?
Regarding aesthetic medicine, PRP stem cell therapy research has published recent findings in how well the treatment can help rejuvenate aging facial skin.
In 2019, Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America found that PRP stem cell therapy combined with microneedling can help promote wound healing, such as for facial scars, and release growth factors, which can encourage collagen growth. The year before, the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology also found positive results using PRP therapy for facial rejuvenation.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book a Consultation for a prp stem cell in Jacksonville
PRP Stem Cell Therapy Is a Simple Procedure that Does Not Require Surgery
PRP stem cell therapy is a non-invasive treatment. You do not need to undergo a surgical procedure to extract platelet-rich plasma or stem cells from your body. In fact, many people resume their regular activities after their session.
Should you get this treatment, you can expect the following:
- We will take a sample of your blood: The first step requires drawing a vial of your blood. This is to extract your platelets.
- We will extract platelets from your blood: The next step involves putting your blood into a centrifuge machine, which will spin your blood at high speed to separate the platelets from other blood fluids. The platelets will concentrate into a plasma, thus “platelet-rich plasma.”
- We will take a sample of your fatty tissue: While your blood is undergoing centrifugation, we will begin extracting stem cells from your body. A quick way to do this is to take a sample of fatty tissue via liposuction.
- We will extract the stem cells from your tissue sample: Using a separate device, we will centrifugate stem cells from your tissue matter.
- We will combine the PRP and stem cells for injection: Once we extract PRP and stem cells, we will combine them into a syringe and inject them into the area you want to treat (e.g., your face, knee, scalp, etc.).
Are There Side Effects of PRP Stem Cell Therapy?
Because PRP stem cell therapy in Jacksonville involves extracting these cells from your body and injecting them back into you in a concentrated form, there is little risk since we are not introducing a foreign substance. That being said, the other aspect of this treatment is technique, so you should keep an eye on the injection site for any signs of infection.
It is common to experience the following around the injection site after a session:
- Mild bleeding
If you start to see pus around the injection site or experience pain, alert your physician, as this may be a sign of infection.
How Soon Can a Patient See Results from a Treatment?
Results vary regarding the condition you are treating, with some patients seeing effects as soon as a few weeks to as long as months later. Also, keep in mind that many patients require at least three sessions to begin feeling results and ensure long-lasting effects.
Your physician will discuss projected results based on the severity of your condition, your health, and other factors involved.
Jacksonville PRP Stem Cell (386) 366-7418
Platelets and Stem Cells Have Significant Roles in the Body
When we say “healing properties” and “growth properties,” you might wonder what that means. Well, platelets and stem cells have significant roles in the body and wear many hats that can be utilized to our benefit.
Produced from our bone marrow, platelets and stem cells get released into the bloodstream and perform the following roles:
Platelets can circulate the body and address current health needs, especially if the body recently got injured. They help produce clots to stop the body from bleeding and release growth factors to begin tissue repair. If you ever see fresh skin after a wound closes, that’s your platelets at work!
Stem cells are immature cells, meaning that they have a blank slate and have not adopted a function in the body yet. They take on the native properties of the area they’re in, making them prime growth factors for damaged tissue.
Call Now to Schedule an Appointment With One of Our Physicians
If you live in Jacksonville and want to see whether PRP stem cell therapy is right for you, call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates at (386) 366-7418 to schedule an appointment.
At our facility, one of our physicians can speak with you and go into more detail about what PRP stem cell therapy can achieve for you. Let’s start your health rejuvenation journey today.