Microneedling is a minimally-invasive facial and body cosmetic procedure with many benefits. It treats various skin conditions, including reducing lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation, hair loss, and under-eye puffiness.
Suitable for most skin types and tones, the treatment gives lasting results that continue to offer benefits with regular maintenance. The process also enhances the effectiveness of topical products. Our licensed practitioners at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates offering Orlando microneedling treatment often combine microneedling with complementary therapies, such as platelet-rich plasma (PRP) facials and other anti-aging therapies.
What Is the Science Behind Microneedling, and How Does It Work?
Microneedling is a process best performed by a licensed professional in a sterile environment to reduce risk and provide the benefit of an experienced practitioner’s application techniques. The procedure is minimally invasive and involves using a medical instrument that contains ultra-fine, very short needles used to lightly pierce microscopic channels into the top layers of the skin.
Creating controlled tiny micro-injuries triggers the body’s natural healing response and produces new collagen (your skin’s support structure), restoring elasticity, firmness, and smoothness to the area treated.
Further, due to the microchannels the treatment creates within the dermal layers, microneedling is an excellent way to deposit nutrients such as vitamin C or other rejuvenating products deeper into the skin. This can enhance the effects of complementary therapies, such as PRP facials, which are often combined with microneedling.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
What Is Microneedling Used For?
Aging causes the decline of collagen in the skin, which contributes to wrinkles and fine lines. Skin can also lose elasticity due to sun damage, acne scarring, and smoking. Microneedling is used to increase collagen production and is suited to people wanting to address skin-related concerns, such as:
- Reducing scars from damaged skin, acne, surgery, or burns
- Fading stretch marks
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Hyperpigmentation (dark patches on the skin)
- Tightening sagging skin
- Under-eye puffiness
- Uneven skin tone
- Uneven skin texture such as large pores
Combining Microneedling With PRP
PRP is a natural process that helps connective tissue to rebuild and renew itself using powerful growth factors derived from a sample of the patients’ blood. When applied to the skin after microneedling, PRP is absorbed at a deeper level, supercharging the benefits of both treatments for optimized skin rejuvenation.
Orlando Microneedling Treatment (386) 366-7418
What Should I Expect During My Orlando Microneedling Treatment?
After a thorough consultation to ensure there are no contraindications, the process begins with one of our licensed practitioners cleansing your skin to prepare it for microneedling. We then apply a topical numbing cream so you won’t feel any discomfort. After the numbing takes effect, we commence with the microneedling session, which typically takes around 45 minutes, although this can vary depending on the area being treated.
After the procedure, side effects are minimal. Skin redness, inflammation (which means the body’s repair response is working), mild bruising, or minor signs of puncture marks are normal and typically clear within 48 hours.
For optimal results, it is important to follow our aftercare advice:
- Keep your skin hydrated with products that soothe, hydrate, and provide nutrients.
- Avoid using abrasive products such as exfoliators until the skin has fully healed.
- Skip activities that cause you to sweat, such as the gym or sauna, for at least 24 hours following the treatment.
- Don’t use makeup for two or three days or until your skin is healed.
- Avoid alcohol for a week as it dehydrates the body and slows the healing process.
- Avoid smoking as it drastically slows the body’s healing process.
If you have any questions following any of our therapies or treatments, our friendly team is always on hand to provide advice.
How Long Does It Take to See the Results?
Many patients see some improvement after a single treatment. However, effects vary from patient to patient and depend on your skin condition before the procedure. In most cases, we recommend a course of three to five treatments every four or six weeks with maintenance sessions every six to nine months to achieve optimal results.
Are There Any Risks?
It is always advisable to speak to an experienced consultant before any medical treatment or therapy to determine if the treatment is right for you and how best to achieve your desired results. Further, microneedling may not be suitable for you if you take certain medications or have health conditions, including:
- You are immunosuppressed.
- You have active acne.
- You have open wounds.
- You have keloid scarring.
- You are immunosuppressed.
- You had recent radiation therapy.
- You have certain skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, or rosacea.
- You have other health concerns or medications with contraindications.
About Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates
Our patient testimonials speak to our dedication to our patients and their satisfaction with the results they see from their treatment:
- “I feel 25 and I’m 42 this year…amazing Dr. Shottle is restoring my youth!!!”
- “Dr. Jonathan Henriquez is the absolute best; he is super knowledgeable, friendly and professional. And you can genuinely see he is there because he loves to help people live their best life. Couldn’t be happier as a patient!!!!!”
We are very proud of what our patients have to say about us and feel we achieve such positive feedback for the following reasons:
- We are committed to professional excellence in everything we do.
- We love helping our patients live well and maintain their vitality.
- Our licensed and certified medical practitioners perform all treatments.
Contact Us Today for Orlando Microneedling Treatment
If you would like to know more about microneedling or wish to book a consultation with our licensed practitioners, contact us to schedule an appointment. We are happy to answer your questions and look forward to welcoming you to our clinic.