If you are suffering from androgenetic alopecia (hair loss), our facility near Palm Coast offers various hair restoration treatment options to help encourage hair growth in your scalp.
We can give you a physical exam and other types of diagnostic testing to determine which hair restoration treatment is suitable for you based on the cause of your hair loss. At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we strive to help prospective patients like you achieve their desired health goals so that they can feel more secure in their own bodies. Let us help you start your hair restoration journey today.
Several Hair Restoration Treatments are Available to Treat Hair Loss
If you live in the Palm Coast area and are looking for hair restoration treatments, our facility can conduct a physical exam on your scalp to determine which treatment may help you regrow your hair.
Hair restoration treatments may include:
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE): This is a surgical procedure that involves removing hair follicles from one area of the body (e.g., your lower scalp or your pubis area) and transferring it to the area of your scalp missing hair.
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT): This is a surgical procedure that involves transferring a portion of your scalp that grows hair to the area of your scalp where hair does not grow.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell therapy: PRP and stem cells have healing and regenerative properties. This treatment involves extracting PRP and stem cells from your body and injecting them into the scalp to encourage tissue and follicle repair. According to the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery, PRP and stem cell therapy can begin showing results after four sessions.
- Microneedling: This is a skin treatment that boosts collagen production, which involves stem cell production. Healthline notes that it can be an effective treatment for hair loss.
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT): If you are suffering from hair loss as a result of testosterone loss, we may prescribe hormone replacement therapy (HRT) or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) specifically to help you restore your hormone levels.
- Drug treatments: Certain drugs, such as Propecia or Rogaine, may be used to treat hair loss.
Before Treatment, Some Pre-Testing may be Necessary
Taking proper precautions before engaging in treatment is part of our medical care. During an appointment, we may do the following diagnostic tests and steps:
- Physical exam: Regardless of what treatment you come in for, we will conduct a physical exam to check your vitals. This also allows us to assess any preexisting conditions you may have, such as high blood pressure.
- Bloodwork: Because hair loss can be a result of prior health conditions or hormonal changes, we may take a sample of your blood to do lab work.
- Questionnaire: Finally, we may ask questions about your dietary habits, exercise routine (if present), and lifestyle influences (e.g., work, relationships, concerns), as these can all impact the health of your hair and scalp.
Understanding the Causal Factors of Your Hair Loss may Determine Your Treatment
The following factors may lead to hair loss in both men and women:
- Age: For many men and some women, hair loss comes with aging due to the loss of testosterone over time. As men enter their 40s, they lose one to two percent of testosterone each year, which leads to hair loss. Women also lose testosterone as they enter menopausal age, which can cause hair thinning.
- Genetics: Other people might suffer hair loss due to their family’s genetics. Hereditary hair loss can still be manageable with certain treatments, so our facility may conduct appropriate tests to determine which option is best for you.
- Hormonal changes: As mentioned, testosterone loss can lead to hair loss. However, aging is not the only cause of testosterone loss. If you are undergoing hormonal changes as a result of another health condition, including pregnancy for women, you may experience hair loss as a side effect.
- Stress: Outside factors can have a significant impact on our health, including our hair’s health. If you are under significant stress because of work, relationships, your finances, or another trigger factor, we may discuss how to work on these issues and implement a better lifestyle strategy for you.
- Hairstyling and care: Beauty comes with a price at times, and sometimes that results in hair loss. Certain hair products, styling methods (e.g., excessive heat or tight ponytails), and washing methods may be causing your hair loss.
- Medications: Part of our questionnaire will touch on any medications or supplements you take, as hair loss can be a listed side effect on many pharmaceutical and over-the-counter pills.
- Diet and nutrition: Our food intake also impacts the health of our hair follicles and scalp. Did you know eating foods with omega-3 makes your hair stronger while eating foods with processed sugars can make it more brittle? We can discuss your regular diet to see how it can be changed to improve your hair regrowth.
Our Google Reviews Exemplify How We Treat Our Patients
Our physicians and staff at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates aim to provide good customer service and medical care to each patient we see. When you visit our facility, we take the time to educate you on your symptoms, health condition, and treatments you may receive so that you remain active in your own medical decisions.
Below are a few of our Google reviews from past patients we’ve treated:
- Sydney Creech wrote, “The was so knowledgeable. He took his time, and I didn’t feel rushed when discussing all of my concerns. I felt listened for the first time ever. … I can’t wait for my next appointment!”
- Mike Miller wrote, “These are amazing. The care and one-on-one they give patients is top notch. Thank you for caring.”
With each appointment, you will be able to get a consultation with a member of our staff and speak with a physician about any questions or concerns you have.
Visit Our Facility to Talk About Your Hair Restoration Options
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we offer a variety of regenerative treatments to help people suffering from hair loss start reversing its effects. If you live in the Palm Coast area, feel free to visit our facility nearby to talk with our staff about potential hair restoration treatments for you. Call today to set up your appointment.