In Port Orange, gynecomastia does not have to take over your life. If you are suffering from excessive breast tissue that affects your self-esteem, we can help. At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we will help you explore non-surgical, non-invasive treatment options.
Reaching your health goals means determining your condition’s cause. Lifestyle factors, like obesity, excessive alcohol use, and drugs, can all contribute to this condition. You might even have imbalanced hormone levels, which we can address through a variety of painless treatments.
Our team’s personalized treatments for gynecomastia can restore more than your physical health; they can also help you regain your confidence.
What You Need to Know About Gynecomastia
Gynecomastia is nothing to be embarrassed about. In fact, it’s much more common than you think. Per Cleveland Clinic, nearly 50 to 65% of men will have this condition to some extent during their lifetimes. It can occur at any stage of life affecting:
- Newborns: Gynecomastia can develop at this stage because of the mother’s estrogen during pregnancy. In most cases, newborn boys will outgrow gynecomastia within weeks of their birth and may only require simple monitoring.
- Teenage boys: The hormone changes and surges that accompany puberty can cause more than half of all teen boys to develop breast tissue. In most cases of teenage gynecomastia, the condition will resolve itself over time as hormone fluctuations even themselves out.
- Adults: Many men will experience gynecomastia once they reach age 50, and their bodies start to produce less and less estrogen and testosterone. Men may also gain weight as they age, which can be another contributing factor.
Do not let the look of gynecomastia or unwarranted embarrassment keep you from seeking help. Our patient-centered medical team is here to support you throughout your treatment and recovery.
Will I Have to Have Surgery?
Some men choose to have breast reduction surgery to remove breast tissue altogether. Yet, this is usually reserved for cases where the patient has struggled with gynecomastia for many years. Before considering surgery, we will:
- Explore the underlying cause of your gynecomastia. For instance, if a medication caused the condition, switching medications (with physician-led support) can resolve the disorder without the need for surgery.
- Determine whether an underlying health condition is causing gynecomastia. For instance, Johns Hopkins Medicine notes that liver disease, kidney failure, and thyroid disorders can cause gynecomastia.
- Examine whether your hormones are balanced. If a hormonal imbalance is to blame, carefully customized hormone replacement therapy (like the ones offered by our wellness clinic) could provide the relief you need without surgery.
- Suggest lifestyle changes. Gynecomastia can arise due to certain lifestyle habits, such as excessive drug and alcohol use. Together, we can come up with a plan to improve your diet and other habits.
- Examine genetic causes. While genetics-causing gynecomastia is rare, it does happen. For instance, if you have Klinefelter syndrome, you could have larger than average breast tissue.
When you talk to our doctors, do not be afraid to have an open and frank conversation. We never stop working for our patients and can help you find the therapy that’s right for you.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
We Provide a Wide Range of Health and Wellness Services
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we do more than help men with gynecomastia; we provide an array of services designed to help you reach self-actualization. While undergoing treatment, you may be interested in therapies that address:
- Hair loss
- Sudden weight gain
- Mental health issues, such as anxiety and depression
- Erectile dysfunction
- Mood swings
- Hormonal imbalances
- Loss of muscle or bone mass
Whatever your needs are, our team is here to help you recover, restore, and refresh your health. To learn more about the men’s health and wellness products and treatments we offer, check out our service page.
Our Team Is Committed to Men’s Health Care Services
Quality health care for men is one of the hallmarks of our practice. Men who have been happy with our services in the past have shared:
- Rick B: The team of doctors at Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates is truly wonderful. They are down-to-earth, kind, compassionate, and take a safer more meaningful approach to health and wellness than most other doctors these days!
- Michael D: Dr. Schottel is one of the smartest doctors I ever met. If you want to get treated by a knowledgeable, caring, friendly, and professional doctor you should visit Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates clinic!!!
Right now, out of 36 client testimonials, we have a 4.8-star rating on Google Reviews.
Get Gynecomastia Relief and Support in Port Orange, Florida
Hormones play a role in many aspects of your life, from your mood to your sex drive. When your hormones are out of balance, you can experience stress, overwrought emotions, depression, and anxiety. You might also suffer from gynecomastia.
By seeking medical help and support as soon as you notice its first signs and symptoms, you give yourself a chance at an early diagnosis. By seeking prompt medical attention, you also give us time to carefully weigh your options and recommend possible treatments. By helping your body balance its hormones, we help you leave gynecomastia behind. We do not take your concerns lightly or overlook the importance of your own contributions to your health.
Port Orange Gynecomastia (386) 366-7418
What You Can Expect from Your First Visit
When you visit our wellness clinic in Port Orange, we’ll first ask you to share your medical history. This includes describing any chronic health problems you have, your activity levels, and other relevant information.
From there, we’ll perform a physical examination where we examine your breast tissue, weight distribution, and muscle mass. We may also draw blood and ask for a urine sample where we can measure your hormone levels.
Undergoing treatment for gynecomastia generally requires multiple appointments. After all, we want to monitor your progress and ensure you’re getting the best possible results. How soon you could start seeing results depends on your health profile. Yet, some of our patients have shared seeing improvements within days of their first treatment.
We’re Ready to Schedule Your Appointment Now
Our gynecomastia treatment plans in Port Orange are designed to help you take charge of your health, physique, and appearance. When you are ready to learn more about the treatments we offer, contact one of our health care team members at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates.
Call today to schedule your initial appointment.