A Port Orange hormone replacement therapy doctor at our office can evaluate your hormone levels and determine whether such treatment would help your condition. You do not have to accept feeling unwell for the rest of your life.
We will take the time to talk to you, answer your questions, and look for the root cause of your hormone deficiency. Then, we will create a customized plan that integrates bioidentical hormones with high-quality nutrition, physical activity, and other restorative and regenerative measures.
What to Do If You Suspect Hormone Deficiency
The body has a variety of hormones that need to work together for optimal health and wellness. Although the internet has a wealth of information, hormone disorders require professional analysis and specialized diagnostic testing. This makes it the perfect job for the doctors at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates.
If you believe low or fluctuating hormone levels are behind your physical and mental symptoms, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) may get you on the path to being healthy again. We use an integrative approach to our patient care, which includes evaluating a patient’s:
- Medical history
- Nutritional habits
- Exercise routine
- Health and lifestyle indicators
Armed with this knowledge, we can create a unique treatment plan that matches the patient’s needs and goals. One such treatment is bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. The method we pick for you depends on your preferences, needs, and circumstances.
Other Treatment Options
While HRT is often very helpful for patients, it is not for everyone. Even patients taking HRT may benefit from additional, supplementary treatments such as:
- Dietary changes
- A new or altered exercise routine
- Weight loss
- Physical therapy
- IV infusion therapy
At every stage of treatment, we ensure our patient’s comfort and safety by encouraging questions and monitoring them for signs of side effects or negative symptoms. Our approach includes:
- Regularly checking in
- Making follow-up appointments
- Doing blood tests
- Prescribing treatment for side effect symptoms
- Altering the dosage to reduce side effects
- Discontinuing treatment and trying something else, if side effects are severe or if the treatment is not producing the desired results
We can discuss treatment options during your initial consultation.
What Happens at My Initial Consultation in Your Office?
Your initial consultation is all about you. You will have a chance to tour our office, get to know key members of our staff, and learn about our range of treatment options. We will:
- Perform a comprehensive physical exam
- Assess your family and medial history
- Recommend blood work testing
- Recommend diagnostic and imaging exams
- Design a custom hormone therapy treatment plan
We believe in a whole-patient approach to healthcare, so your initial visit also gives us the opportunity to learn about you. Our team can assess your current health condition and your health and wellness goals.
What Causes Hormone Deficiency?
The body’s ability to manufacture the hormones it needs to function correctly may be negatively affected by:
- Environmental factors
When the body is deficient in one or more hormones, a person’s quality of life can plummet. Hormone deficiency can also increase the risk of cardiac, neurologic, and metabolic diseases. A few common hormone deficiency causes are discussed below.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
HRT May Help with Thyroid Disorders
According to Mayo Clinic, hypothyroidism often occurs as people age or become busy with their lives, such as with work or raising children. As a result, many people may mistake the symptoms of hypothyroidism for working too hard or not getting enough sleep. Genetics may also play a role in thyroid disorders.
The signs of an underactive thyroid tend to develop gradually over a number of years. Symptoms include:
- Weight gain
- Dry skin
- Intolerance of cold temperatures
- Irregular or heavy menstrual cycles
- Joint or muscle pain, swelling, tenderness, or stiffness
- Thinning hair
If left untreated, hypothyroidism can lead to more severe issues, such as obesity, heart disease, and infertility. However, thyroid hormone deficiency often responds well to hormone replacement therapy.
Port Orange Hormone Replacement Therapy (386) 366-7418
Perimenopause and Menopause Can Affect Your Quality of Life
Though they sound similar, perimenopause and menopause are two different conditions.
Perimenopause is defined by the following characteristics:
- Perimenopause is a fluctuation in the body’s production of estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone, leading to irregular monthly periods.
- It may start when an individual is in their late 30s or early 40s.
- Cleveland Clinic research says that perimenopause can last for eight to ten years.
By contrast, menopause:
- Happens when an individual has not had any periods for at least twelve months
- Usually occurs when the patient is in their late 40s or early 50s
- May result from surgeries or medical treatments
Low or fluctuating estrogen levels cause both perimenopause and menopause.
Estrogen does much more than trigger the ovaries to release eggs and initiate menstrual periods, as It moves throughout the body. For this reason, perimenopause symptoms often affect several bodily functions and may include:
- Increased premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Changes in periods, like the amount of flow and regularity of cycles
- Skipped periods
- Tenderness in the breasts
Menopause – and, sometimes, perimenopause – can cause:
- Hot flashes (sudden sweating and a feeling of excessive warmth)
- Insomnia, with or without night sweats or cold flashes
- Dry mouth, eyes, or skin
- Needing to urinate more frequently and with greater urgency
- Mood swings, depression, or irritability
- Vaginal dryness or other types of discomfort during intercourse
- Racing heartbeat
- Weight gain
- Thinning hair or hair loss
- Aching or painful muscles and joints
According to the Cleveland Clinic, hormone replacement therapy, lifestyle modifications, or a combination of those measures can relieve some of the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause, improving the patient’s quality of life.
A medical professional at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates can evaluate treatment options for perimenopause, menopause, and post-menopause.
Click to contact our Anti Aging Doctors in Port Orange
Low Testosterone and HRT
According to the Merck Manual, dysfunction of the pituitary gland or hypothalamus can lead to hypogonadism. This can cause symptomatic testosterone deficiency, low sperm counts, or both conditions. The risk of developing hypogonadism may increase due to:
- Genetic factors
The signs of testosterone deficiency include:
- Low sex drive (libido)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Sleep disorders
- Anger, depression, and other mood changes
- Cognitive decline
If left untreated for months or years, symptoms may worsen to include:
- Loss of body hair
- Diminished muscle mass
- Testicular atrophy
- Increased fat accumulation
- Increased breast tissue
While testosterone levels naturally fall with age, unnaturally low levels caused by hypogonadism should be treated as soon as possible. Hormone replacement therapy is one treatment option for people with this condition.
Growth Hormone Deficiency
When the pituitary gland does not work correctly, it might not produce enough growth hormone or other essential hormones. This condition is rare, according to the Mayo Clinic, and it is called hypopituitarism.
The size of a kidney bean, the tiny pituitary gland at the base of the brain, and the hypothalamus regulate the production and release of several hormones. A person with a growth hormone deficiency may experience:
- Increased fat accumulation
- Loss of muscle strength
- Diminished interest in social activities
- Lack of motivation
Those with growth hormone deficiency may find that workouts at the gym do not produce the same results as before. It can become more challenging to control one’s weight through diet and exercise alone. HRT can reverse some of the symptoms of growth hormone deficiency.
Consider Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates as Your Partners in Health
Once you begin experiencing the effects of hormone deficiencies, you may be unsure how to proceed. We advise you don’t try to take matters into your own hands. Over-the-counter solutions could pose a danger to your health and may not have the desired effects you had hoped for.
Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates takes a safe, comprehensive approach to our clients’ health. When you come to us with concerns about your hormonal function, we will:
- Conduct all necessary testing to understand your current hormonal state
- Determine whether you’re lacking certain hormones
- Identify any specific conditions that could be causing hormonal imbalance
- Explain treatment options that we believe could be effective for you—as well as the pros and cons of those treatment options
- Answer any questions you have about HRT and other treatment options
Our clients face no pressure or obligation when they come to us for help. We will provide guidance and go over our services to benefit your health and overall wellness.
Our Doctors Have an Extensive Background in Regenerative Medicine
Dr. Jason Schottel and the medical team at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Medicine have the medical background to ensure safe, appropriate care for you. We will administer all care following a thorough evaluation process and under close supervision. Our team will always make your safety and health the priority.
We understand regenerative medicine and know each client has a unique biological profile, set of goals, and treatment preference. Our multidisciplinary team will create a personalized treatment plan tailored to your specific goals.
Client Reviews for Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates
Sometimes learning about the positive experiences of others can increase your comfort with various anti-aging therapies. We have helped many clients improve their wellness, and they are happy to share their experiences:
- “From the moment you walk into the office, you feel great about your decision to choose Anti-aging and Regenerative Associates. My husband and I both go see the team here and have always had wonderful visits every time we go! Thanks for all your hard work, guys!”– Alexandra Staub, client
- “I had a great experience here. The staff is very accommodating and more than helpful. I am thoroughly impressed with the professionalism of the doctors and staff. They have earned a repeat client and I will continue doing business with them!”– Chris Squires, client
- “Highly recommend these guys. They do a great job and are very knowledgeable. Thank you for serving my chiropractic needs. I really appreciate these guys.”– Luis Melendez, client
Whether you come to us for hormone replacement therapy or other offered services, we will pair you with medical professionals who specialize in your area of need.
Make an Appointment for a Hormone Replacement Therapy in Port Orange, FL
Our team does not practice “cookie-cutter” medicine. Instead, we spend time with each individual patient to figure out the treatment or combination of treatments that will best help them, both in the short term and the long term. To learn more about hormone replacement therapy, call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates today to schedule an appointment at our Port Orange, Florida office.