Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) stem cell therapy is a form of regenerative medicine used to treat various health conditions, such as joint pain, hair loss, and inflammation. New studies continue to come out, finding its effectiveness in regenerating damaged tissue in the body by stimulating new cell growth (using both PRP and stem cells from the patient’s body).
If you are interested in getting PRP stem cell therapy in Port Orange, Florida, a physician at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates can treat you. We offer various regenerative therapies to our patients, so we can examine your body to assess how this treatment may be able to help you.
PRP Stem Cell Therapy Is a Type of Regenerative Therapy Procedure
PRP stem cell therapy uses a combination of platelet-rich plasma and stem cells extracted from the patient’s body to restore damaged tissue in a separate area of their body. Both of these types of cells have regenerative properties and have healing properties within the body.
One of the benefits of PRP stem cell therapy is that you are using your own cells to regenerate growth, so at no point are you introducing a foreign substance into your body. It is a natural procedure that utilizes the properties of your own cells.
For a quick summary of what these cells do:
- Platelets: Platelets perform first-response healing in the body. When you cut yourself, your platelets are in charge of closing the wound and restoring tissue growth. They exist in the blood and can be extracted in plasma.
- Stem cells: Stem cells are baby cells, as in cells that have yet to mature. Through this therapy, we can manipulate the cells by transferring them to damaged tissue so that they take on those cell properties and begin new growth.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book a Consultation for a prp stem cell in Port Orange
PRP Stem Cell Therapy Is a Non-invasive Treatment that Does Not Require Surgery
One of the benefits of PRP stem cell therapy is that you are not required to undergo a surgical procedure to get this treatment. In fact, the process of extracting your platelets and stem cells is similar to doing standard blood work.
PRP stem cell therapy involves the following steps:
- Drawing your blood: Platelets exist in your blood, so the first step in this procedure is to extract a sample of your blood, usually small.
- Extracting platelet-rich plasma: To extract the platelets from your blood, we have to put your blood sample into a centrifuge machine, which spins your blood at high speeds. This separates blood fluids from its plasma, which is filled with your platelets.
- Extracting stem cells: While the centrifugal process is going on, we will take this opportunity to get a sample of your fatty tissue or bone marrow to extract stem cells. This can be done via liposuction.
- Combining PRP and stem cells: Once we extract both your platelet-rich plasma and stem cells, we will combine them using a separate medical machine.
- Injecting you with PRP and stem cells: Once both are combined, we will use a syringe to inject the fluid into your body. The injection site will depend on what part of the body we are treating. So, for example, we may inject the fluid into your scalp if you are suffering from hair loss or your knee if you are suffering from joint pain.
What to Expect After the Procedure
After getting PRP stem cell treatment, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Soreness, swelling, or tenderness around the injection site
- Slight scarring from the injections, which should heal
- Mild bleeding
If you see signs of infection around the injection site, alert your physician immediately.
Port Orange PRP Stem Cell (386) 366-7418
PRP Stem Cell Therapy Can Be Used to Treat Various Health Conditions
With its ability to stimulate cell growth and restore damaged tissue, PRP stem cell therapy has been used to treat different types of health conditions, particularly conditions involving chronic pain.
Some of these conditions include:
- Osteoarthritis: Current Reviews in Musculoskeletal Medicine found promising results when using PRP stem cell therapy to treat various joint pain conditions, including osteoarthritis in the knee. This treatment can be used both as a preventative measure or treatment for late-stage chronic joint pain.
- Muscle pain and injuries: The University of Miami Health System notes that stem cells can be an effective way to encourage healing in partial muscle tears. PRP can also help heal different sports-related muscle injuries.
- Tendon and ligament injuries: The PRP treatment is said to work best for chronic ligament pain or injuries in the tendon, such as sprains or strains. Combined with stem cell therapy, this treatment can serve as a catalyst to the healing process.
- Erectile dysfunction and other sexual health issues: PRP stem cell therapy has recently been used as a method to combat erectile dysfunction (ED). Bio-medical Materials and Engineering put out a study on PRP stem cell therapy for ED in 2017, showing positive results.
- Hair loss: The Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery notes that PRP stem cell therapy can also be used to treat hair loss in both men and women. This process uses PRP and stem cells to regenerate damaged hair follicles in the scalp, encouraging new hair growth later on.
- Inflammation: People who suffer from inflammation may be able to alleviate their chronic pain through PRP stem cell therapy.
Researchers Are Still Exploring PRP Stem Cell Therapy
The Mayo Clinic reports on the latest clinical trials out conducting research on the efficacy of PRP stem cell therapy. Since this is still a relatively new form of regenerative medicine, there is still much to be discovered regarding how much tissue growth may be possible with the use of PRP and stem cells.
Currently, there are studies about how PRP stem cell therapy can be used to treat spinal cord injuries, diabetic kidney disease, musculoskeletal conditions, umbilical cord conditions, and even cancer. As more findings come, this regenerative medicine may be used to treat a wider variety of health conditions.
Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to Schedule Your Appointment Today
If you would like to schedule an appointment at our facility to learn more about how PRP stem cell therapy might help you, call our facility at (386) 366-7418. You can visit our Port Orange office and speak with one of our physicians during your appointment.
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we want to help you reach your health goals and needs. If you want to get treatment using the latest regenerative medicines, come to our facility today.