Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) stem cell therapy is a form of regenerative medicine that treats various health conditions, such as joint pain, hair loss, and inflammation. New studies continue to confirm this therapy’s effectiveness in regenerating damaged tissue in the body by stimulating new cell growth, using both PRP and stem cells from the patient’s body.
If you are interested in getting Port Orange PRP stem cell therapy, a physician at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates can treat you. We offer various regenerative and metabolic therapies to our patients and will examine you to determine if and how this type of treatment can help.
PRP Stem Cell Therapy Is a Regenerative Therapy Procedure
PRP stem cell therapy uses a combination of platelet-rich plasma and stem cells extracted from the patient’s body to restore damaged tissue in a separate area of their body. Both types of cells have regenerative properties and healing properties within the body.
One of the benefits of PRP stem cell therapy is that you are using your own cells to regenerate growth, so at no point are you introducing a foreign substance into your body. It is a natural procedure that utilizes the properties of your own cells.
Here is a quick summary of what these cells do:
- Platelets:Platelets perform first-response healing in the body. When you cut yourself, your platelets are in charge of closing the wound and restoring tissue growth. They exist in the blood and can be extracted in plasma.
- Stem cells: Stem cells are baby cells that have yet to mature. Through stem cell therapy, we can manipulate these cells by transferring them to damaged tissue where they take on those cell properties and begin new growth.
A Versatile Therapy Solution
Depending on your condition, you might use both platelets and stem cells in your treatment, or you might use PRP therapy and stem cell therapy separately. Before starting the process, our physician will go over how many and which kind of sessions will be included in your treatment plan.
PRP Stem Cell Therapy Is Non-Invasive and does Not Require Surgery
Another major benefit of PRP stem cell therapy is that you are not required to undergo any surgical procedures. In fact, the process of extracting your platelets and stem cells is similar to standard blood work.
PRP stem cell therapy involves the following steps:
- Drawing your blood:Platelets exist in your blood, so the first step in this procedure is to extract a small sample of your blood.
- Extracting platelet-rich plasma:To extract platelets from your blood, we put your blood sample into a centrifuge machine, which spins your blood at high speed. This process separates blood fluids from the plasma, which is filled with your platelets.
- Extracting stem cells: While the centrifugal process is being completed, we also take a sample of your fatty tissue or bone marrow to extract stem cells. This can be done via liposuction.
- Combining PRP and stem cells: Once we extract both your platelet-rich plasma and stem cells, we combine them using a separate medical machine.
- Injecting you with PRP and stem cells: Once they are combined, we use a syringe to inject the fluid into your body. The injection site depends on what part of the body we are treating. For example, we may inject the fluid into your scalp if you are suffering from hair loss or your knee if you are suffering from joint pain.
All treatment services are performed at our Port Orange office, so you do not have to go to a separate facility for PRP stem cell therapy. If you have questions about the extraction or injection process or any other part of the procedure, our facility members will be happy to answer them during your appointment.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
What to Expect after the Procedure
After getting PRP stem cell therapy treatment, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Soreness, swelling, or tenderness around the injection site
- Slight scarring from the injections, which should heal
- Mild bleeding
If you see any signs of infection around the injection site, alert your physician immediately.
Some patients see noticeable improvement after the first session, while others with more severe conditions may require three or more sessions before they begin to see results.
PRP Stem Cell Therapy Can Be Used to Treat Various Health Conditions
With its ability to stimulate cell growth and restore damaged tissue, PRP stem cell therapy is used to treat many different types of health conditions, particularly conditions involving chronic pain.
Some of these conditions include:
- Osteoarthritis: A study in Current Reviews in Musculoskeletal Medicine had promising results when using PRP stem cell therapy to treat various joint pain conditions, including osteoarthritis in the knee. This treatment can be as a preventative measure or to relieve late-stage chronic joint pain.
- Muscle pain and injuries: The University of Miami Health System notes that stem cells can be an effective way to encourage healing in partial muscle tears. PRP can also help heal various sports-related muscle injuries.
- Tendon and ligament injuries: The PRP treatment is said to work best for chronic ligament pain or injuries in the tendon, such as sprains or strains. Combined with stem cell therapy, this treatment can serve as a catalyst to the healing process.
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) and other sexual health issues: PRP stem cell therapy is now used to combat erectile dysfunction (ED) as well. A study in Bio-medical Materials and Engineering confirms the positive results of using PRP stem cell therapy to treat ED.
- Hair loss: A study in the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery found that PRP stem cell therapy can also be used to treat hair loss in men and women. This process uses PRP and stem cells to regenerate damaged hair follicles in the scalp, encouraging new hair growth.
- Inflammation: People who suffer from inflammation may be able to alleviate their chronic pain through PRP stem cell therapy.
Our facility uses evidence-based therapy treatments and continues to stay on top of the latest treatment options in anti-aging and regenerative medicine.
Port Orange PRP Stem Cell (386) 366-7418
Researchers Are Still Exploring PRP Stem Cell Therapy
Because this is a relatively new form of regenerative medicine, there is still much to be discovered about possible tissue growth with the use of PRP and stem cells.
Mayo Clinic lists over 60 clinical trials that are conducting research on the efficacy of PRP stem cell therapy. Currently, there are studies about how PRP stem cell therapy can be used to treat:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Umbilical cord conditions
As more findings come, this regenerative medicine may be used to treat an even wider variety of health conditions.
Our Patients Praise Us for Helping Them Reach Their Health Goals in Florida
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we work hard to implement change in each patient’s life through our therapeutic approaches. We look at the whole body to diagnose the core issue, not just treat the symptoms.
On Google, you can read firsthand accounts of how we treat our patients. We make every effort to get to know our patients and find a treatment plan that works for them.
Some of our latest reviews include:
- “Dr. Jason and his staff have helped me tremendously and made a true and real impact in my life. Every time I’ve ever needed them for myself, my friends, or my family, they’ve always come to the rescue with polite courteous and caring attitudes. They have earned my utmost respect.” – Marc Sanseverino
- “I wish I could do 10 stars! Since seeing Dr. Jason and his staff, my life has completely turned around! I’ve seen him for the sniffles. I’ve seen them for bloodwork to make sure I’m healthy. They’re currently monitoring my performance as I prepare for my upcoming Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition. Thank you. Patient for life.” – Owen Shoup
Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to Schedule Your Appointment Today
If you would like to schedule an appointment at our facility to learn more about PRP stem cell therapy, call our facility today at (386) 366-7418. You can visit our Port Orange office and speak directly with a physician at your appointment.
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we want to help you reach all your health goals and needs. We utilize exercise regimens and nutrition plans in our treatment plans as well. If you are ready to explore the latest regenerative medicines, reach out to us today.