There’s a saying that “time heals all wounds,” but what if you can speed up the process and find relief from your pain more quickly? For 20 years, an innovative treatment known as focal shockwave therapy has been available as an alternative method to stimulate healing and relieve pain.
Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates is proud to offer focal shockwave therapy to patients like you in St. Augustine, FL. With this therapy, we can treat your injuries, relieve your pain, treat your erectile dysfunction, make your skin look younger, and more.
What Is Focal Shockwave Therapy?
Focal shockwave therapy is also known as acoustic shockwave therapy. The process uses low or high-intensity sound waves to increase blood flow in a target area to promote healing. These focused waves also stimulate tissue and pain receptors in the tissue to relieve pain.
This treatment is an acceptable alternative to more conventional methods such as medications and surgery. Focal shockwave therapy treats a wide variety of health problems, including:
- Chronic pain
- Plantar fasciitis (heel pain)
- Tennis elbow
- Knee pain
- Erectile dysfunction
- Trigger point muscle pain
- Shoulder calcification
- Hip pain
- Scar tissue
The applications of focal shockwave therapy continue to increase, and it’s becoming more popular as it’s a highly effective non-invasive technique. Ask us about focal shockwave therapy if you believe it’s right for you.
How Does Focal Shockwave Therapy Work?
As a provider of focal shockwave therapy, it’s important to us that you understand how this treatment works. A member of our staff will apply a gel to the target area to aid soundwave travel from a wand-like device through the surface of your skin.
We will hold the device close to the surface of your skin over the target area and deliver a series of focused sound waves through a cylindrical coil that generates the wave electromagnetically. The waves have a deep reach of up to 12cm and deliver precise energy through a focusing mechanism. We can adjust this mechanism or the energy output to reach pain and wounds closer to the bone.
Each focal shockwave therapy session typically lasts 15-20 minutes and is generally painless. However, patients can experience some discomfort depending on their injury, especially if we are targeting an area near a bone. A topical gel relieves this discomfort, and it will go away shortly after treatment is complete.
You may need more than one treatment over several weeks to begin seeing results.
Benefits of Focal Shockwave Therapy
Patients like you who are interested in undergoing focal shockwave therapy enjoy the many benefits and versatility of the treatment. Focal shockwave therapy has been around for decades, and the technology’s potential applications continue to grow.
Currently, the benefits of focal shockwave therapy include:
- Non-invasive: The therapy is a non-invasive treatment since the instrument is held just over the surface of your skin and produces sound waves.
- No downtime: You don’t need to worry about missing work or recovering after treatment.
- Relieves pain: Pain relief is achievable through two mechanisms: Overwhelming the local nerve endings to reduce activity or changing how your nerve endings perceive pain.
- Stimulates blood flow: By stimulating tissue with sound waves, blood flow will increase around muscles and tissues to speed up healing and recovery.
- Reduces inflammation: By releasing cells from inflammation, target areas can heal quicker and more efficiently.
- Eases trigger points: If you have trigger points that cause pain, focal shockwave therapy can release them by acting as a massage.
- Improves physical appearance: Improve the surface of your skin to improve your appearance. Focal shockwave therapy can fade scars, tone/firm skin, eliminate stretch marks, smooth the skin, improve muscle tone and shape, and reduce fat.
- Dissolves calcium build-up: Over time, you can develop calcium build-up in your joints. Focal shockwave therapy can dissolve these deposits to improve your mobility and range of motion.
- Treats erectile dysfunction: For men with erectile dysfunction, focal shockwave therapy is an alternative to medication or surgery. It increases blood flow to aid in the repair of penile nerves and the smooth muscle of the penis.
- Treats multiple issues: Again, focal shockwave therapy treats a wide variety of health issues, making it a versatile treatment worth trying, especially if you have tried everything else.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Focal shockwave therapy has many benefits, so it’s not a surprise that multiple studies show it’s an effective treatment for plantar fasciitis, erectile dysfunction, tendon pain, and other musculoskeletal conditions. Patients report improvements in mobility and erectile function as well as pain relief.
There are no known major side effects of focal shockwave therapy, making it a safe treatment option. The results of undergoing focal shockwave therapy are long-lasting. Your results could last up to a year or more, depending on what treatment you need and how your body responds.
What Does Focal Shockwave Therapy Cost in St. Augustine, FL?
The cost of focal shockwave therapy will vary depending on the size of the target area and what kind of treatment you need. Erectile dysfunction patients can expect a cost of $400-$500 per session, while patients seeking pain relief and healing can expect to pay $250 per session, per area.
Insurance plans do not cover focal shockwave therapy; we are a cash practice, so you should expect to pay for treatment out of pocket.
Get Your Free Evaluation Today
Focal shockwave therapy is just one of several techniques and technology we utilize to maximize your health and wellness. Our practice believes in taking a more integrative approach to treatment consisting of both conventional methods and alternatives. We believe patients should have more choices as not everyone responds the same to any one treatment. Some may work better for you than for others.
Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates is ready to start your focal shockwave therapy session, so call for a free case evaluation in St. Johns County today. It’s time for you to finally heal and be pain-free.