Microneedling is a minimally-invasive facial and body rejuvenating treatment where a roller device containing ultra-fine needles is used to pierce the top layers of the skin. Creating a controlled skin injury through needling stimulates collagen production (your skin’s support structure). In turn, this triggers the body’s wound-healing response, which can help improve the appearance of:
- Lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin texture such as large pores and acne scars
- Sagging skin
- Skin hyperpigmentation (dark patches) and sun damage
- Uneven skin tone
- Under-eye puffiness
- Stretch marks
This anti-aging technique is suitable for most skin tones and skin types and has the added benefit of enhancing the effectiveness of topical products. Our St. Augustine microneedling treatment often combines microneedling with other therapies such as platelet-rich plasma (PRP) facials.
How to Prepare for Microneedling Treatment in St. Augustine
It is important to have a thorough consultation beforehand to check that there are no issues with medications you may be taking or other contraindications from diseases or disorders, which could make the process unsuitable.
A consultation helps ensure microneedling is suitable for you and is an opportunity for you to ask questions and learn about what to expect before, during, and after the process. At this point, we also customize a treatment plan so you can achieve your desired results.
How Does Microneedling Compare With Other Anti-Aging Treatments?
The multi-purpose benefits of microneedling compete with and even surpass many alternative anti-aging treatments on the market, primarily because it:
- Is an effective way to deliver skin nourishment products that penetrate deeper into skin layers
- Combines well with complementary therapies such as PRP to further boost results
- Is a quick procedure with minimal downtime or recovery
- Is less expensive and invasive than laser or surgical treatments
- Is more suitable for people with darker skin tones than other treatments such as laser technology, as microneedling releases the benefits of the inflammatory response without damaging the skin’s surface where melanin is located
- Offers fast, longer-lasting results
- Can be used to treat a variety of skin concerns simultaneously
- Can address multiple skin areas in one sitting
- Activates a radiant, youthful glow to your skin through the body’s natural response to the treatment, resulting in firmer, smoother skin
Does It Hurt? Is It Safe? What to Expect During the Treatment
While hundreds of tiny pinpricks piercing your skin may sound like torture, the procedure is relatively pain-free due to the application of topical anesthetic beforehand. Depending on how many areas are being treated, the process usually takes around 45 minutes. However, you can expect each session to last a little longer with additional time required for consultation, preparation, and aftercare.
Side effects are minimal, and it’s normal to have some skin redness, inflammation, mild bruising, or signs of puncture marks after microneedling, which usually fade within 48 hours. To keep risk to a minimum, a licensed professional should always perform the treatment in a sterile environment.
Aftercare Treatment and Results
For optimal results, it is important to stick to aftercare advice such as:
- Keeping your skin hydrated with products that soothe, hydrate, and provides nutrients
- Skipping abrasive products such as exfoliators until the skin has healed
- Avoiding activities that cause you to sweat, such as the gym or sauna
- Skipping makeup until your skin is healed
- Avoiding alcohol for the first week as it dehydrates the body
- Avoiding smoking as it drastically slows the body’s healing process
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Many patients see visible results after a single treatment. However, effects vary from person to person, and several sessions are usually required for more intense, longer-lasting results. Therefore, we always take the time to discuss what our clients want from microneedling beforehand, so they understand what is required to achieve their desired results.
In most cases, a course of three to five treatments every four or six weeks provides optimal results, with further maintenance treatments every six to nine months after that.
How Long Does It Take to See Results?
Most of the visible recovery from microneedling happens within the first few days, and skin improvement is evident within three to four weeks following the treatment. However, healing will continue under the surface for up to a year as the skin produces collagen and becomes more firm. (The Journal of the American College of Clinical Wound Specialists)
Is Microneedling Suitable for Everyone?
If you are interested in microneedling, we advise you to schedule a consultation with a dermatologist or licensed aesthetician to determine if the treatment is right for you beforehand. At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we offer a range of wellness and aesthetic enhancing services, including microneedling, and we can tell you more about whether microneedling is right for you.
For example, microneedling may not be appropriate if you take certain medications or have health conditions such as:
- Skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, or rosacea
- Recent radiation therapy
- Open wounds
- Active acne
- Keloid scarring
- Other health concerns or medications with contraindications
In addition, if you are pregnant, have active acne, have just had Botox®, dermal fillers, or skin laser treatment, it is advisable to delay treatment for a while.
A Warm Welcome Awaits
We love to help our clients to feel good inside and out. They stay with us because we provide value through our experience, knowledge, skills, and the genuine connections we build. In addition, our team enjoys getting to know our customers, enabling us to provide the personalized experience you can expect from a well-established medical aesthetics practice. But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s a sample of our reviews from Google:
- “I feel 25 and I’m 42 this year…amazing Dr. Shottle is restoring my youth!!!” –Anonymous reviewer
- “Dr. Jonathan Henriquez is the absolute best; he is super knowledgeable, friendly and professional. And you can genuinely see he is there because he loves to help people live their best life. Couldn’t be happier as a patient!!!!!” –Jon R.
Set Up an Appointment for St. Augustine Microneedling Treatment Today
If you are interested in the multi-purpose benefits of microneedling, contact the friendly team at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates and schedule a consultation today! We are ready to answer all of your questions and develop a treatment path that’s right for you.