When it comes to microneedling with PRP, everything you need to know can be learned from your treating physician. This article will give you a general overview of things you should know, but only your doctor can provide information specific to your needs and situation.
What Is Microneedling with PRP?
Microneedling is a safe procedure your doctor can perform to improve your skin’s appearance. It is often recommended for those who are unhappy with their scars, wrinkles, stretch marks, or other marks. Here is how it works:
- Your doctor will examine you to make sure you do not have a condition or take a medication that could make the procedure unnecessarily risky.
- You will visit your doctor approximately every four to six weeks for the initial treatments.
- Your doctor will use many small needles to prick your skin and stimulate the production of new, healthier-looking skin cells.
- After the redness and swelling subsides, you should notice that your skin’s appearance has improved. Scars and marks should be greatly reduced.
- You will return to your doctor for follow-up visits every six to nine months.
- If necessary, your doctor will adjust your treatment to your needs—for example, they may employ larger or smaller needles, depending on the results and side effects you experience.
PRP, or platelet-rich plasma, is an optional add-on to the traditional microneedling procedure. It is a therapeutic facial that can enhance the effects of microneedling by further encouraging the growth of new, healthier, smoother skin.
According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, the platelets used in PRP are taken from your own blood cells, so you do not have to worry about whether your body will reject or react badly to this treatment.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
What Are the Benefits of Microneedling with PRP?
Microneedling is a good way to get younger, smoother-looking skin. While some companies sell microneedling brushes for home use, it is much safer to let your doctor direct the procedure. If done effectively, microneedling can reduce or eliminate the appearance of:
- Scars from acne, injuries, and certain skin conditions
- Stretch marks
- Loose, baggy skin
You can begin to see positive results from microneedling as soon as four to six weeks after beginning treatment. After the initial treatments, you would only have to return for follow-up treatments every six to nine months. In return, you will get to enjoy healthier, scar-free skin for as long as you continue treatment.
What Are the Drawbacks of Microneedling with PRP?
While microneedling with PRP is a safe, low-risk procedure, it is not right for everyone. Your doctor may advise against microneedling if you have any of the following conditions:
- Acne (as opposed to acne scars, which microneedling can treat)
- Skin infections
In addition, those with a fear of needles may have trouble overcoming that phobia, no matter how much they want to rejuvenate their skin. It may help to remember that the needles used in microneedling are very small and do not leave visible wounds. Feel free to ask your doctor as many questions as you need to feel comfortable with the procedure.
Click to contact an anti aging doctor today
What Happens After Microneedling with PRP?
Microneedling aftercare is fairly straightforward. You will have to be careful with the treated area, as it is likely to be red and inflamed from the needle pricks. If it is very painful or if bleeding occurs, talk to your doctor. Otherwise, you should be able to wait out the initial side effects.
Proper skin care is essential after microneedling. To keep the area clean and healthy, talk to your doctor about:
- Which sunscreen you should use to prevent sunburn
- Whether an antibacterial cream is necessary
- How often to wash the treated area and if there are any skincare products you should avoid for a while
As a noninvasive treatment, microneedling with PRP generally does not require patients to take time off from work or significantly alter their lives. Again, talk to your doctor if you have concerns or if you feel worse than you expected to after treatment.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
What Are Alternatives to Microneedling with PRP?
Many treatments are available to those interested in regaining a healthier or more youthful look. However, as with microneedling, not every treatment is appropriate for every person. You can talk to your doctor about treatments like:
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Dysport® injections
- Hair restoration
- Customized nutrition or exercise plans
Microneedling with PRP can produce wonderful results for certain patients. When combined with other treatments as recommended by your doctor, you can feel as confident and healthy as you look.
Ask Us About Our Microneedling Services
Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates offers microneedling with PRP and many other services that can help you look and feel younger. Call our office to schedule your first appointment today. We can tell you everything you need to know about microneedling, including if it is the right treatment for you.
Call or text (386) 366-7418 or Schedule an Appointment Today!