Human growth hormone (HGH) treatment can help improve people’s health if they have a severe growth hormone deficiency. In September 2020, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the use of weekly HGH therapy for adults who have a growth hormone deficiency, as it was proven to improve:
- Exercise capacity
- Muscle mass
- Bone density
- Body fat reduction
If you are interested in HGH treatment, you can visit our facility for a physical examination. We can do lab work to determine whether you have a growth hormone deficiency or another condition that may benefit from human growth hormones.
What Are Human Growth Hormones?
Human growth hormones are proteins produced in the pituitary gland, which is located at the base of the brain. Growth hormones are a crucial component of childhood growth in that they encourage cell growth and production. They also have properties that activate your metabolism and stimulate growth in bones, organs, and muscles.
The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) notes that HGH, also known as somatotropin, “operates as an acute phase stress reactant,” in that the pituitary gland produces HGH as a response to multiple functions in the body, namely:
- Stress and trauma
- Nutrition (daily food consumption)
- Growth in relation to aging, with its highest production occurring during puberty
While the body naturally produces HGH, most treatments involving HGH produce them synthetically. Certain conditions are approved for HGH treatment, particularly if an adult has a growth hormone deficiency.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
What Can Human Growth Hormones Treat?
As mentioned, synthetic HGH can be used to treat adults with growth hormone deficiencies. As people age, their production of natural HGH decreases; however, in certain cases, people may stop producing HGH prematurely or because of an illness, such as HIV/AIDS.
According to Healthline, the following health conditions can result in a growth dysfunction:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Pituitary tumors or cancer
- Low birth weight
- Turner syndrome, a genetic condition
- Prader-Willi syndrome, a genetic condition that can cause obesity, type 2 diabetes, shortness, and mental disabilities
- Short bowel syndrome, which occurs when the small or large intestine does not function properly or requires removal
- HIV or AIDS
If you have a growth hormone deficiency because of one of the above conditions or another cause, you may benefit from HGH treatment.
HGH Treatment May Improve Your Health
As mentioned earlier, HGH treatment has shown improvements in people with growth hormone deficiencies, helping them increase their bone density, muscle mass, and energy levels. In some cases, patients can lose body fat due to growth hormones’ metabolic properties.
Some people choose to use HGH treatment as a method to improve their athletic abilities or encourage anti-aging. However, people without growth hormone deficiencies need to be monitored by a physician, as side effects may occur.
Are There Side Effects to Human Growth Hormones?
If you do not have a growth hormone deficiency and are otherwise physically healthy, there can be side effects if a physician doesn’t supervise your treatment. According to the Mayo Clinic, these side effects include:
- Swelling, such as in the legs or arms
- Arthritis and other forms of joint and muscle pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Insulin resistance, which may lead to Type 2 diabetes
- Breast tissue enlargement (a side effect for men)
- The potential risk for cancer
Our physicians can conduct appropriate lab work and physical exams to determine whether this treatment is right for you, then monitor the HGH performance as you receive treatment. However, if you might benefit from other anti-aging or regenerative therapies, we may suggest those options during your appointment.
Our Facility Offers other Anti-aging and Regenerative Medicine Treatments
Our facility provides multiple anti-aging and regenerative therapies and treatments to our patients. Whether you want to rejuvenate your facial appearance, enhance your energy levels, or tackle a specific condition (e.g., erectile dysfunction), we can offer treatments to help you reach your health goals and needs.
Some of our treatments include:
- Hormone replacement therapy: If you are experiencing low testosterone levels or going through menopause, our facility offers hormone replacement therapy options to help you maintain your hormone levels.
- PRP and stem cell therapy: Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell therapy can be an option for people suffering from multiple conditions, such as osteoarthritis, muscle pain, physical signs of aging, hair loss, and erectile dysfunction, among others.
- Aesthetic treatments: If you would like to improve your appearance, we offer various aesthetic skin treatments and filler options to help rejuvenate your face, lips, abdomen, and more.
You can read more about our treatments throughout our website or by scheduling an appointment at our facility.
Call Now to Schedule an HGH Appointment at Our Facility
If you are interested in whether human growth hormones could work to improve your health, call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to schedule an appointment with one of our physicians. We can give you a physical exam and explain the benefits and side effects of HGH. Let us help you start your health journey.