Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections have been used in a variety of ways to heal damaged tissue. Some patients may seek PRP injections to heal sports injuries faster. These injections are even available for cosmetic procedures such as treating hair loss and rejuvenating skin. The success rate for PRP injections depends on the individual patient and their biological factors.
Some patients may see or feel results after the first treatment while others might after 2 to 3 treatments. A study published by the American Sports Journal of Medicine has shown that 24 weeks of PRP injections helped almost 84 percent of patients who were being treated for their tennis elbow pain. Just remember that the success rate differs from person to person and also with the number of treatments they have received.
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma?
Platelet-rich plasma works to repair damaged tissue in the body. It can aid in healing injuries at a faster rate and also for cosmetic procedures. Platelets are a component in our blood known for clotting. They contain hundreds of proteins that are very important to heal injuries.
PRP injections are the concentration of the platelets in your own blood. These can cause the growth factor to be 5 to 10 times greater in the area they have been injected in. This is because the growth factors in the tissue are more concentrated in the treatment area.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
How We Extract Platelets at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates
To create an effective PRP injection, your own blood needs to be extracted. At our offices, we can develop your personalized PRP injection here. There are 3 steps involved in developing your injection.
Step 1: Draw Blood
We will begin by drawing your blood into a vial. Using platelets from your own body will cause the treatment to be more effective. The use of donor blood causes a higher risk for your body to reject the treatment.
Step 2: Centrifugation
Once we have drawn your blood, we will begin the process of centrifugation. This is where the platelets are separated from the other cells in the blood. The concentration of the platelets is increased during this process. We have a machine that spins the blood at a fast rate causing each type of cell to separate
Step 3: Inject the PRP
We will put the concentrated platelets that have gone through the centrifugation process into a syringe and inject them into the treatment area.
What Areas Can I Treat With PRP Injections?
Since PRP therapy is commonly used for tissue restoration, it can be used in a variety of ways.
- Chronic pain or inflammation: Any injuries that cause chronic pain or inflammation can be injected with PRP. This can cause pain relief and lower the level of inflammation in the treated area.
- Acute sports injuries: PRP injections can lower the level of pain in injuries involving muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Osteoarthritis: PRP injections in the knee have been known to help those who have suffered from osteoarthritis.
- Hair loss: Injecting PRP into the scalp promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Skin rejuvenation: When PRP is injected back into the layers of the skin it has caused a rejuvenating effect. This sometimes takes weeks or months to take effect but once it does it can form new collagen in the treated areas.
Click to contact an anti aging doctor today
What Are the Risks of PRP Injections?
PRP injection therapy is a minimally invasive procedure with a low amount of risk. In most cases, the platelets are coming from the same person they are being injected into, there is minimal risk of cross infections or allergies. Some of the small risks of these injections include bleeding and pain.
Each time you receive this type of therapy the results may be different based on the platelets collected. No two preparations will be exactly the same.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
What Our Patients Have to Say About Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates
We have many happy patients who have received care from our clinic. Reviews our patients have left include:
- “From the moment you walk in the office you feel great about your decision for choosing Anti-aging and Regenerative Associates. Martina is always so welcoming at the front desk and Ashley has an amazing bedside manner that every practitioner should have! My husband and I both go see the team here and have always had wonderful visits every time we go! Thanks for all your hard work guys!!!”
- “My wife and I have been working with Dr. J for over two years. I am 55 years old and in better shape and feel better than when I was 35 years old. We love the staff! Lucas the personal trainer totally transformed our mindsets on training and fitness. Martina is amazing, we’re always happy to see Spyro, and Dr. Jason is the most trusted medical professional we have ever dealt with.”
- “Dr. Jason and his staff have helped me tremendously and made a true and real impact in my life. Every time I’ve ever needed them for myself, my friends, or my family, they’ve always come to the rescue with polite, courteous and caring attitudes. They have earned my utmost respect.”
For more information about what our patients have to say about us, check out our reviews.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
If you are interested in learning more about PRP injections and how they may be able to help you with your Injuries and overall health, a consultation will be helpful. At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates we offer free consultations for those who are interested in our service. Call us today to find out more.
Call or text (386) 366-7418 or Schedule an Appointment Today!