The benefits of testosterone are different for men and women. That being said, some benefits testosterone has for men include:
- It increases muscle mass and reduces body fat.
- It encourages greater bone density, meaning stronger bones.
- It improves sexual libido.
- It improves memory.
- It can improve mood.
- It helps with red blood cell production, leading to a healthier heart.
For women, testosterone can play a role in ovarian function and other body processes, though more studies need to be performed.
Testosterone Deficiencies Can Cause Negative Symptoms in Men
As men age, their testosterone levels naturally decrease. According to Harvard Health Publishing, their testosterone levels drop about one to two percent each year after they reach their prime production levels. However, other underlying factors may be at play if a man is losing testosterone rapidly or early in life.
Low testosterone (T) levels can cause negative side effects in men, including:
- Loss of muscle mass and increase in body fat
- Reduced libido
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) and other sexual dysfunction
- Reduced body hair, including hair loss on the scalp
- Gynecomastia, which occurs when male breast tissue enlarges
- Mood changes, including depression and anger
- Inability to concentrate well
- Bone density loss, which can lead to osteoporosis
If you are experiencing any of these side effects, one of our physicians can examine your testosterone levels to see if that or another underlying health condition may be the cause of your symptoms.
There are many benefits of testosterone when hormone levels are regulated. You do not have to continue living in a low-energy state as a result of your age or current state of health. Our facility can help men reach their goals and feel better every day.
Do Women Suffer Negative Side Effects from Low T?
Yes, they can. Though women have much lower levels of testosterone than men, if their levels are lower than normal, it can affect their health.
These negative side effects include:
- Reduced sexual libido, which can lead to other sexual dysfunctions
- Muscle weakness
- Mood problems
How Can People Increase Their Testosterone Levels?
One main thing that you can do to increase your testosterone levels is to pursue hormone replacement therapy (HRT), specifically testosterone replacement therapy.
This treatment can involve injecting testosterone into your bloodstream or using localized gels to transfer the hormone into your body. Our facility offers hormone treatments to regulate our patients’ hormones, and we supervise their health to ensure their T levels remain stable.
You can learn more about our treatment options in the next section.
For a free legal consultation, call (386) 366-7418
Hormone Replacement Therapy May Be an Option if You Suffer from Low T Levels
At our facility, we offer hormone replacement therapy to our patients to help them regulate their hormones. We will conduct a physical exam and some bloodwork to assess your testosterone levels. If your levels are low, we may suggest testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), which can help you regulate these levels.
According to Healthline, TRT can also be used to enhance your health or meet certain physique goals, such as:
- Building body mass, which can be good if you would like to build more muscle
- Improving sexual performance or reducing sexual dysfunction
- Boosting your energy levels and mood in general
Before you begin any treatment, you will receive a consultation with one of our staff members so that we can understand what you are trying to achieve.
Other Therapies You Might Consider
If you decide not to pursue TRT or have other concerns you want to address, our facility offers various regenerative and metabolic therapies that may be able to aid you. For example, you may want to consider the following treatment options if you suffered side effects of low T levels:
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy: This therapy uses your plasma, which has significant platelet concentration, to restore damaged tissue and encourage healing. This can be great for hair loss, joint pain, and erectile dysfunction. It can also help restore body mass after an athletic injury.
- Stem cell therapy: This therapy uses stem cells from your fatty tissue to encourage tissue rejuvenation. This can also be combined with PRP therapy to help heal wounds, rejuvenate facial tissue, and encourage hair regrowth.
Feel free to ask us about our other treatment options when you visit.
Come to Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to Boost Your Testosterone
If you are suffering from low testosterone levels, there are treatment options available to you. At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we help both men and women suffering from low testosterone, be it from aging or another health cause.
Our physicians care about the overall health of each patient we treat, so we won’t just treat your symptoms. Our reviews from past clients attest to our attention to our patients:
- “The staff is very accommodating and more than helpful. I am thoroughly impressed with the professionalism by Dr. Jason and the staff.”
- “I’ve been seeing Sebastian for about three months for neck pain. Excellent personalized treatment and showing tremendous progress. I highly recommend him.”
At our facility, we want to help you reach your health goals and needs. Call (386) 366-7418 to schedule your appointment today.