What causes low libido in men, according to Merck Manual research, can be multifaceted. Their research cites depression, anxiety, relationship issues, and low testosterone levels as possible causes of decreased libido. Additional research cites other causes like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and poor diet.
If you are a man suffering from low libido, our focused approach to health care can help you restore your libido. We help men struggling with the limitations of low libido explore beneficial treatment options that lead to a healthy sex drive. Our patient-focused approach means we take time to get to know you and your current health condition so we can treat the whole man.
Is a Low Libido Permanent?
Cleveland Clinic research cites several treatment options that offer relief for men with low libido. Because causes of lowered sex drives can be mental, emotional, and physical, treatment may include:
- Hormone therapy
- Behavioral therapy
- Mechanical aids
In men, testosterone controls sexual appetite and sperm production. Because low testosterone levels can be one cause of low libido, having your testosterone tested is often the first step in creating an effective treatment plan.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book a Consultation for a What Causes Low Libido in Men?
Treatment Options for Low Libido
According to additional Cleveland Clinic research, low libido means you have a lower and less than preferred sexual drive. If your libido is not allowing you to enjoy your desired sex life, our sexual health team can help. Our treatment options for men with low libido include understanding its causes and effects and treating the resulting erectile dysfunction. Available treatment options include:
- Acoustic Pressure Wave Therapy (APWT) that uses focused shockwave therapy to increase blood flow and tissue regeneration
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy that uses your own blood to encourage cellular regrowth and increased sexual stamina
- Exosome therapy that uses a form of stem cell therapy to increase blood supply and regenerate the nerves that stimulate erections
Low libido can be one of many causes of erectile dysfunction. When a decreased libido leads to a diminished sex drive or the inability to achieve or maintain an erection, our treatment options can help reignite your sex life.
Treatment Options for Erectile Dysfunction
The P-Shot® addresses men’s health issues that affect their sexual health such as poor circulation, prostate cancer, diabetes, and more. A form of regenerative therapy, it works by using your body’s own growth factors to treat and heal erectile dysfunction. Your blood is drawn, introduced into a centrifuge machine that concentrates and increases your blood’s healing components, and reinjected directly into your penis.
The benefits of P-Shot® therapy include increased blood flow and firmer erections. Additional benefits that may help optimize your sexual performance include heightened sensitivity, increased length and girth, and decreased instances of premature ejaculation. Our team will educate you on additional benefits of P-Shot® therapy as a drug-free, surgery-free treatment option.
Our Health Care Team Treats the Whole Man
We are committed to the health and wellness of our patients and start every appointment and assessment by listening to you. We catalog your symptoms and explain the right treatments for you. We provide effective health care for men of all ages by offering:
- A thorough physical examination
- Assessment of your current health
- General and specific lab work, as needed
- Targeted and affordable treatments
When you trust us with your sexual health, we go a step further to maximize your overall health, as well. In fact, many of our patients stay with our health care team for traditional primary care after initially seeking a specific service.
Read What Satisfied Patients Say About Us
- “I’ve been seeing Sebastian for about three months for neck pain. Excellent personalized treatment and showing tremendous progress. I highly recommend him.” — Scott Fischer
- “I had a great experience here. The staff is very accommodating and more than helpful. I am thoroughly impressed with the professionalism by…Dr. Jason and the staff. They have earned a repeat client and I will continue doing business with them!” — Chris Squires
- “This is a great clinic, and the Doctors are very well informed with the latest…equipment and research. I would most definitely recommend this to anyone…Dr. Schottel and his team work diligently to provide every patient with the tools and knowledge to enhance longevity. Very worth the time and investment!” — Spyro Chakalos
We are committed to helping you live your best life. Our integrative medical practice provides you and every patient we serve with focused approaches to your health.
Improve Your Sex Life Today
Has a diminished libido interrupted your sex life? Learn more about low libido in men, its causes, and how our health and wellness team can help you have the sex life you deserve. Contact one of our team members at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates online or call (386) 366-7418 today.