Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates founding physician Dr. Jason Schottel created The Muscle Clinic to provide people with a private gym experience that also caters to their physical health. At The Muscle Clinic, members can benefit from:
- Having supervised personal training from a medical professional
- Getting personalized meal plans and nutrition guidance
- Individual and group training
- Physiologic and body composition testing
Whether you’re looking to start your physical fitness and health journey or prepare for a bodybuilding competition, our team at The Muscle Clinic is prepared to build a training regimen that can achieve your goals. Our staff has worked with clients from all sorts of backgrounds, from sports athletes to plus-size individuals on their weight-loss journeys. We offer your first fitness assessment for free, so you can start training right away.
Avoid Major Muscle Injuries by Having a Physician Supervise You
Many people start exercising with a gung-ho attitude but then overexert themselves in a workout and develop a muscle injury. Alternatively, someone recovering from a muscle injury might risk injuring themselves further if they try to do exercises that strain the affected muscle.
Mayo Clinic lists common causes for workout-related muscle injuries:
- Too many repetitions in a set routine: If you’re starting out, doing too many repetitions in a set or your overall routine can cause an overuse injury. Beginners are advised to do small sets of 10 or 15 repetitions and gradually increase sets and/or repetitions as they build muscle and gain better mobility.
- Trying to speed through repetitions: While quickly doing repetitions might seem tempting when you’re getting tired during your workout, this can lead to an injury. Weightlifting and resistance training often focus on slow, controlled pacing to exercise muscles rather than speed. Going too fast can lead to muscle tears and strains.
- Improper form when exercising: Failure to utilize proper technique when exercising can force parts of your body to overcompensate, which can lead to overuse injuries. For example, improper form during arm-lifting exercises can cause strain on your neck, elbows, shoulders, and back.
- Doing only one type of exercise: Some people might have specific goals for their exercise journey, such as building arm muscle or getting a thinner waist. However, the body is complex and relies on a variety of strength-building and low-impact exercises to become stronger, more flexible, and more mobile. Focusing on one single form of exercise can put a strain on the muscle you’re trying to train while weakening other parts of your body.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Other Benefits of Joining a Muscle Clinic
While some people think physical fitness is straightforward and determined by preference, there is actual science to muscle-building, nutrition, physical fitness, and rehabilitation. At The Muscle Clinic, members benefit from having a doctor on staff who can direct their personal fitness journeys based on their current physiques.
By having a medical physician supervise your physical training:
- You can learn proper form that avoids injuries for your body: Our physician can assess your body before beginning your exercise journey to determine whether you have any preexisting injuries or conditions that your trainer must be mindful of when guiding you. For some individuals, modified techniques must be applied so that clients avoid injuries.
- You can get treatment if you report any pain or discomfort after training: Sometimes accidents happen. A runner might land on their foot wrong, someone’s knee might act up during squats, and another person might exercise too much after having a bad day. At The Muscle Clinic, you can have someone look over your injuries. If necessary, you can visit our facility in Port Orange for treatment.
- We offer both individual and group planning: Our team can build physical training programs on an individual or group basis, even for groups with mixed fitness levels. Program ideas can target specific goals or incorporate ideas that allow you to switch up workout routines as you advance your skill level.
Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to Learn More About Our Muscle Clinic
If you are interested in building a better, healthier lifestyle that focuses on muscle growth and strengthening, feel free to call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to receive more information on The Muscle Clinic. One of our staff members can explain more about how our physician, Dr. Jason Schottel, established his private gym and what you can expect should you decide to sign up for a membership.
Additionally, if you are suffering from a muscle-related injury or condition, you can also schedule an appointment at our facility in Port Orange, Florida. We offer various treatments, from hormone replacement therapy to IV infusion therapy, to enhance the health of our patients.