IV infusion therapy is a treatment method that involves transferring medication or vitamin supplements intravenously, or through sticking a needle in the body. It allows patients to receive medicine or vitamins and other minerals directly in the bloodstream rather than having to let these substances pass through the digestive tract first.
Many people can use this treatment method as a way to boost the absorption of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in their bodies if they have shown to be unresponsive to oral medications or supplements. However, as with all treatment methods, there can be side effects of IV infusion therapy, so patients are recommended to consult a medical professional before beginning this type of treatment.
IV Infusion Therapy Can Treat Multiple Health Conditions and Boost Regenerative Properties
People who do not respond to oral medicines or vitamin supplements may opt to have IV infusion therapy, particularly if their stomach acids erode these substances before they can enter the bloodstream. This is common with people who suffer from Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), ulcerative colitis, and other forms of gastrointestinal conditions or food sensitivities.
However, IV infusion therapy can be used to treat other health conditions as well, such as:
- Anxiety and depression
- Low energy
- Athletic injuries, muscle spasms
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Different forms of cancer
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Skin dehydration
- Chronic pain
If you suffer from any of these conditions, you can discuss IV infusion therapy as a potential treatment option with your physician and determine whether IV infusion therapy is right for you.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
There Are Some Side Effects to IV Infusion Therapy You Should Know
According to Healthline, some of the risks involved with IV infusion therapy include:
- IV infection: because IV infusion therapy involves inserting a needle into the body, the possibility of infection does exist. Always make sure the nurse or practitioner inserting the IV into your body is certified and that a medical professional monitors your health throughout the therapy session.
- Complications with certain vitamins: the reason you must see a primary care physician before getting IV infusion therapy is because certain preexisting health conditions can have adverse effects to excessive amounts of certain vitamins. For example, high quantities of potassium can cause a heart attack, particularly to people with heart or blood conditions. Always make sure to be honest about any preexisting conditions you might have with your physician before starting this treatment.
- Vein irritation: as with any shot, patients might feel irritation around the injection area and might also notice bruising. If you experience high amounts of pain, notify the medical professional conducting your treatment as this could be a sign of errors upon injection.
Other side effects may exist, depending on your specific condition. Your physician can explain these side effects after reviewing your medical file and performing diagnostic tests.
How You Can Prepare for Your IV Infusion Therapy Appointment
When preparing for your IV infusion therapy appointment, you can follow these tips:
- Make a list of questions you have about IV infusion therapy and how it might relate to your health condition(s).
- Drink water. If you have a condition that prevents you from drinking high amounts of water, ask your physician about alternative methods of hydration before your appointment.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing, as you will want to be relaxed during the treatment session and avoid restricting the area around the injection area.
- Bring something to entertain you. You are free to read or listen to music during your session.
Click to contact our Anti Aging Doctors in Port Orange
Get IV Infusion Therapy at Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates
At Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates, we offer multiple IV infusion therapy packages that can be customized to your health needs. These packages include:
- Stem Cells
- Antioxidants package
- Chelation package
- Immune Defense
- Migraine Defense
- Vitamins & Minerals packages
Our IV infusion packages can help boost regenerative qualities in the body, such as rehydrating the skin or retaining energy levels. Before starting any IV infusion therapy package, you should get a physical examination and diagnosis from a primary care physician to determine if this treatment will be suitable for your health condition. Our facility also offers primary care services, so you can schedule an appointment to visit a doctor here before your IV infusion therapy session.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Facility to Learn More About IV Infusion Therapy
At Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates, we take your health seriously. When you come to our facility, you can receive a physical examination, lab work, and a consultation with one of our doctors. You can ask us about your health, your medical concerns and goals, and any questions you have about a specific treatment method, such as IV infusion therapy. Before any treatment you receive, we always discuss potential side effects and things you might expect after the first or several treatment sessions.