A car accident can do serious damage to soft tissue throughout your body, including your neck, back, and extremities. The pain and loss of mobility caused by such injuries may prompt you to seek relief from pills or other, more “conventional” forms of treatment.
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we believe that the best way to treat pain is by going right to the source. Rather than focusing on your symptoms, our team can find the root cause and treat it. If you were involved in a Daytona Beach car accident, our soft tissue treatment can help you live a healthier life.
Diagnosing a Soft Tissue Injury
Instead of jumping straight into a Daytona Beach car accident soft tissue treatment program, our first step would be to diagnose your injury. We do this by:
- Having you fill out a questionnaire about your injury and symptoms
- Having a face-to-face discussion with you about your car accident, any other treatments you have tried, and what your health was like pre-accident
- Evaluating your medical history to gain a more complete picture of your health, especially as it pertains to the affected area
- Running diagnostic tests to confirm or rule out certain injuries
- Going over the test results with you and making sure you understand what they mean
We are so meticulous about accurately diagnosing a patient before starting treatment because there are many types of soft tissue injuries, and each requires a different treatment or set of treatments to heal properly. Applying the wrong one could delay recovery or even cause permanent damage.
Our providers always take the time to get to know our patients and learn all we can about their injuries before starting any treatment. We also take as much time with each patient as they need: we will not rush you through treatment, whether you need only one or two appointments or many.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Beginning Soft Tissue Treatment
There may be several treatments that our providers can offer after your car accident, including:
- Physical therapy: Stretching and exercising can be vital after an injury, but what kinds of movements will be the most beneficial—and which may worsen your injury? Let our providers design the right exercise program for you.
- Heat and cold therapy: Some injuries respond best to heat, while others do better with cold. We can help you figure out the right combination.
- Therapeutic ultrasound: We can reduce pain and promote faster healing by using a wand to apply ultrasound waves to your injury site. This is a non-invasive treatment that can help with many kinds of injuries.
- Massage: Unlike massages you can get elsewhere, our techniques are specifically intended to improve tissue health, minimize pain, and enable your injury to heal sooner.
We can review all of your options with you and even explain why certain treatments (if any) are not right for your situation. Before you begin any treatment, let us make sure that your treatment plan will truly help you.
Daytona Beach Car Accident Soft Tissue Treatment (386) 366-7418
Safeguarding Soft Tissue Treatment Patients
Any kind of treatment comes with its own set of pros and cons. We do everything we can to ensure patients avoid the “cons” while receiving maximum benefits from the “pros.” That includes:
- Reviewing the pros and cons with you before starting treatment, so you can decide if you want to try that treatment
- Monitoring you closely for signs of potential side effects or other troubles
- Checking in with you by asking how you feel and if you have any concerns at every appointment
- Following up with you after a treatment session to make sure you feel okay
- Stopping or altering treatment at the first sign of any negative effects
If you ever have questions or concerns about your soft tissue treatment, we encourage you to tell us at your next appointment or call us between appointments. Our providers are always here to support you, no matter what.
Soft Tissue Injuries and Car Accidents
Car accidents are a common cause of soft tissue injuries. For example, according to Johns Hopkins Medicine, whiplash injuries, which affect the muscles and tendons in the neck, are most often caused by rear-end collisions. You could also experience a soft tissue injury to your:
Wearing a seatbelt and remaining vigilant while driving can protect you from some soft tissue injuries, but not all of them.
Other Car Accident Injuries
Some people escape a car accident with only soft tissue injuries. Too many others suffer any number of additional traumas, including:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Nerve injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Many of these injuries can be very serious and may require more intensive care. For instance, a broken bone must often be set by a doctor, and a traumatic brain injury may require long-term hospitalization or monitoring.
If you sustained these or other catastrophic injuries, does that mean you are ineligible for the kinds of soft tissue treatments Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates offers? Not necessarily. After receiving emergency care, you can still come to us to:
- Receive treatment for less urgent injuries, including soft tissue injuries
- Receive care as you recover from surgery—for example, physical therapy can help you achieve a faster and more complete recovery
- Reduce symptoms associated with both your injuries and surgery
We would work closely with you and your other doctors to make sure that our treatments complement the care you have already received (or will soon need to receive) from other sources. Our services can work well with other treatments and enable patients to attain better results than they could with surgery alone.
See Us After Your Car Accident in Daytona Beach
The team at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates is dedicated to helping patients feel better without the need for harsh drugs, unpleasant side effects, or surgery. Contact us after a Daytona Beach car accident for soft tissue treatment. We look forward to working with you and creating a personalized treatment plan designed to respond to your needs.