The only thing permanent about life is change, as the saying goes, so we know to expect it. However, as we age, we may notice differences in how we think, feel, and act, which likely can be traced to fluctuating hormone levels. When these levels are low or unbalanced, some people use bioidentical hormone replacement therapy to help them manage and improve their symptoms.
Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates offers bioidentical hormone replacement therapy at our Jacksonville office. If you are experiencing hormonal changes that affect your sleep, energy levels, or mood, you may benefit from this treatment. You can call us to make an appointment to find out more about how the procedure works and if it is right for you.
What Is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Hormones are important Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, called BHRT for short, is a treatment that aims to balance or restore hormone levels in people with various conditions. The hormones are human-made in a lab and come from plants. They mimic the hormones that the body’s endocrine system makes. These include estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone, among others.
The treatment can be administered in various forms, such as injections, oral pills, patches, oils, creams, nasal sprays, implanted pellets, and gels. With so many choices available, a medical professional from our team can determine which ones can work for you.
People who can benefit from BHRT are those who may be experiencing:
- Weight gain
- Mood changes
- Memory loss
- Concentration difficulties
- Low energy or tiredness
- Muscle and joint aches
- Sleep disturbances
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Sexual performance problems
- Lack of interest in sex (decreased libido)
Benefits of BHRT
Some people who receive BHRT therapy report that it can ease the above-listed symptoms, which are common in women experiencing perimenopause or menopause. Some say they have more energy, improved sleep, and sharper focus after undergoing BHRT.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Does Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Work?
The Cleveland Clinic notes that it works for some people who receive it. Results will vary by person, which is an important point to keep in mind. People interested in this therapy should first talk with a medical professional who can help them determine BHRT as well as what kind of therapy they will receive. Not all bioidentical hormones are the same or work the same way when they are in the body.
There are side effects that come with hormone replacement therapy, including:
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
Some hormone replacement therapies can also increase the risk of certain conditions, such as blood clots, stroke, heart disease, gall bladder disease, liver disease, and breast cancer.
We Can Help You Determine if Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Is for You
We realize the decision to receive bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is personal. We also know that many people have questions about therapy as they consider giving it a try. If you’re considering Jacksonville bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, the Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates team can guide you as you weigh your options.
When you come to our Jacksonville office, we will:
- Assess your health needs with a physical examination to learn more about your condition
- Talk with you to understand the symptoms you have
- Complete lab work to gain further insight into your health status
- Explain how bioidentical hormone replacement therapy works in general and specific to your needs
- Answer your questions and provide you with information tailored to your situation
- Help you explore other health treatments we offer that can enhance your hormone replacement procedure and aid in your recovery
- Set up appointments that are right for your schedule to ensure you receive treatments at your convenience
We listen to each patient and advise them accordingly. As we get to know you better and review your exam and lab work results, we will know what to recommend for your condition. Our Jacksonville, FL, clinic offers a range of non-invasive therapies that treat a wide range of health needs. We are confident we can help you address your health concerns and receive treatment that can help you reach optimal health and wellness.
Hear From Others Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates Has Helped
We feel fortunate that we can help people improve their health and find solutions that work for them. Here are a few testimonials we have received from our patients:
- “Spending 90 minutes learning & rehabbing with a doctor is not the norm when visiting a doctors office. So very thankful that’s what I got here today. This place is something special. Affordable too! Thank you Dr Jason!!” – Maigan W.
- “This is a great clinic and the Doctors are very well informed with the latest and greatest equipment and research. I would most definitely recommend this to anyone looking to understand more about their health and conditions from a genetic standpoint. Dr. Schottel and his team work diligently to provide every patient with the tools and knowledge to enhance longevity. Very worth the time and investment!” – Spyro C.
You have a partner when you come to us for help. In addition to bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, we offer other services, including:
- Internal medicine
- IV infusion therapy
- Customized nutrition and exercise plans
We can create a wellness plan that incorporates all aspects of your health. We believe in treating the whole person and helping you feel better in all parts of your life.
Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates Today for BHRT Therapy in Jacksonville, FL
If you are experiencing pain or discomfort from hormonal imbalances, there is hope, and you don’t have to suffer in silence or alone. Come to Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates for clarity, answers, and treatment that can get you on the road to recovery.
Our Jacksonville bioidentical hormone replacement therapy services can treat various symptoms, and we will ensure you receive the right care for you so that you get the most from your time with us. Contact us today to request an appointment.