Whether nutritional deficiency or underlying health problems are affecting your sexual health, you deserve treatment that can help you regain your confidence and intimacy. At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, our Jacksonville-based medical professionals can work with you to craft a health plan to improve your sexual and overall health.
Sexual Health Problems in Men: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
Many age and health-related conditions can affect a man’s sexual health. Many of the primary symptoms that affect sexual health are related to low testosterone. Low testosterone can cause:
- Depression and changes in mood
- Weight gain and loss of muscle mass
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Hair loss
- Loss of bone tissue (osteoporosis)
- Reduced libido
- Sexual dysfunction
Not only can these issues be alarming–they can affect your life enjoyment, the quality of your relationships, and your physical and mental health.
What Causes Low Testosterone?
Often, low testosterone is a consequence of health conditions caused by aging. In many cases, it can look as though aging is the root of the problem. A study published in Clinical Interventions in Aging estimates that total testosterone levels fall by 1.6% yearly. As a result, at least 20 percent of men over the age of 60 have below-normal levels of testosterone. While aging is a common denominator, it’s more likely that health conditions associated with aging are the cause.
Some health conditions not related to aging can affect testosterone levels, too. In order to create a safe and effective treatment for you, our team will conduct a health evaluation and questionnaire to determine if an underlying health condition may be contributing to your symptoms.
Examples of underlying health conditions that can cause problems with your sexual health include:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Alcohol, drug, and tobacco use
- Stress, depression, and anxiety
- Peyronie’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Treatment or surgery-related problems from prostate or bladder cancer
- Injury to the spinal cord, pelvis, prostate, or bladder
Jacksonville Sexual Health Services for Men
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we want to treat the root cause of your symptoms, not just the symptoms themselves. This means that we will complete a physical exam and talk with you about your medical history to create a treatment regimen that improves your overall health.
Once we determine the cause of your problems, we may prescribe these or other treatments:
- Acoustic Pressure Wave Therapy (APWT). Focused shockwave therapy helps to regenerate penile tissue and vascular function.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP). Platelets from your blood are separated from your sample using a centrifuge before being injected back into the body. With PRP, the goal is to encourage cell growth which may improve your sexual performance and enjoyment.
- Exosome Therapy. While using a sample of fatty tissue, exomes are extracted and used in the form of stem cell therapy to target regeneration and healing at the cellular level.
- Nutritional Counseling. With help from health practitioners, we can develop a plan for your diet and physical health that aims to reduce symptoms of sexual health deficiency and improve your overall condition.
- P-ShotⓇ. This treatment option focuses on regeneration and growth to stimulate healing in the penis. It is non-invasive and can be used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) and other sexual problems.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). You can receive hormone therapy that aims to improve deficient testosterone levels through injections or dermal gels.
- IV Infusion Therapy. A vitamin and mineral regimen is crafted to target deficiencies and improve your health. It is administered through an IV infusion over a period of half an hour to two hours.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Sexual Health Problems in Women: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
If you have low libido in addition to other health problems, you may have an age-related or independent underlying health condition affecting your sexual health.
You may be experiencing symptoms like:
- Weight gain, especially around the stomach
- Difficulty sleeping, insomnia, fatigue, or other sleep problems
- Muscle weakness
- Thinning hair
- Difficulty snapping back after exercise
As a result of low estrogen or other conditions, you may also experience changes in your mood, such as depression, stress, and anxiety. Our team wants to help you target the root cause of these issues, so we can help you improve your symptoms.
Causes of Sexual Health Problems in Women
As with many hormone deficiencies in the body, age is a common factor. Aging and the onset of menopause can wreak havoc on your comfort, confidence, and relationships. A study published in The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences asserts that women experience hormone-related health issues even earlier than men. In just the first year of menopause, women lose an average of 80 percent of their estrogen.
This massive drop not only affects strength and energy levels but causes increased inflammation and puts the immune system at risk. The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology supports this evidence demonstrating that post-menopausal women are more at risk of developing autoimmune disorders.
While age doesn’t inherently cause sexual health problems, it does cause health problems, which are a primary factor in low estrogen and other sexual health issues.
Sexual Health Treatments for Women
To target the root cause of your symptoms, our team will use your medical history and evaluations to create a plan that aims to restore your physical and sexual health. We may offer treatments like:
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- IV Infusion Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Chiropractic Medicine
- Perimenopause and menopause therapy
- Thyroid disorder treatment
- Platelet Rich Therapy (PRP)
We want to work with you to meet your health goals. After your consultation and evaluation, we will craft a treatment regimen that not only targets your sexual health problems but aims to improve your daily quality of life and related health conditions.
Jacksonville Sexual Health (386) 366-7418
Visit Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates for Jacksonville Health Services
When you work with our Jacksonville, FL, team, we aren’t just going to prescribe medication and let you face your health problems on your own.
We will work with you as a team to rebuild your health, happiness, and confidence with our service offerings. Call or visit us online to schedule your preliminary appointment.
Call or text (386) 366-7418 or Schedule an Appointment Today!