If you or a loved one is interested in getting Botox® therapy to reduce signs of aging or treat a health condition, our facility offers this and other anti-aging and regenerative therapies that can help you reach your health goals. At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we offer Botox® injections to help patients reduce wrinkles and muscle spasms, among other conditions. If you live in the Orlando area, our facility is nearby, and our staff is ready to discuss potential Botox therapy treatment plans for you during a consultation.
Botox® Can Be Used for Aesthetic and Medical Purposes
Botox® is a purified form of on obotulinum toxin, a toxin that stems from the bacteria formed during botulism (food poisoning).
In small amounts, it can be a safe way to temporarily stop muscle contractions, as the toxin can block nerves from sending chemical signals to the brain that cause muscles to contract. Instead, when injected into the face or neck, Botox® can help muscles in those areas relax, which then reduces wrinkles and muscle spasms.
While many people might be aware of Botox® as a cosmetic treatment, it can also be used to treat other health conditions for medical purposes. Our physicians can discuss how Botox® may be used to help you during your appointment.
What Conditions Can Botox® Therapy Be Used to Treat?
The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (ABCS) notes that Botox® is primarily used as a cosmetic medicine to reduce:
- Facial wrinkles, such as in the forehead, around the eyes, or the lips
- Vertical neck bands
- Symptoms of certain skin conditions, such as eczema
However, multiple studies have observed how Botox® can treat other health conditions. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Botox® as a viable treatment for the following conditions:
- Neck and other muscle spasms (cervical dystonia)
- Eye twitching and spasms (blepharospasm)
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Urinary incontinence (overactive bladder)
- Chronic migraines
- Lazy eye
If you are interested in using Botox therapy in Orlando to treat a condition you suffer from, our physicians can discuss how this treatment may help you. Our facility treats patients near the Orlando area.
What Are the Side Effects of Botox® Therapy?
While Botox® therapy is generally considered a safe treatment, there are still risks to watch for after getting the procedure done. Some side effects of Botox® include:
- Pain around the injection site
- Bruising, swelling, or tenderness around the injection site
- Issues with vision or other eye problems, such as dryness or excessive tear production
- Uneven facial features, such as a drooping eyelid, uneven eyebrows, or crooked smile
- Bleeding around the injection site
If you experience abnormal side effects or notice other serious reactions to your Botox® injections, seek medical care from your physician right away.
Your Botox® Therapy Session Can Happen the Same Day You Visit Our Facility
Botox® injections are considered minimally invasive and require little preparation beforehand for treatment to begin. In many cases, you can receive your treatment the same day as your consultation appointment.
To get an idea of what to expect during your appointment, here are some steps we take:
- A physician from our team will explain how Botox® can be used to treat your condition and discuss potential side effects that you might experience.
- The physician will then clean and prepare the area where the injections will be inserted. A topical anesthetic may be used to numb the area.
- The physician will then inject the Botox® into the area. You may require multiple injections, depending on the intent of the therapy.
- The physician will then explain aftercare steps and end your procedure.
In general, you should not touch or rub the treated area for at least 24 hours. However, you should be able to return to regular activities immediately after the procedure.
Will Insurance Cover my Botox® Therapy?
According to the American Academy of Dermatology Association (AAD), Botox® therapy may be covered (at least partially) if it is used to treat an approved health condition, though insurance policies still vary. However, it is generally not covered if you are receiving Botox® therapy for aesthetic treatment.
For people suffering from chronic migraines, the American Migraine Foundation (AMF) states that many insurance plans, including Medicare and Medicaid, cover Botox® therapy as a treatment, provided that patients sought out at least two other treatment methods beforehand.
Our staff can notify you whether your insurance policy covers your treatment before you begin.
Does Your Facility Accept Uninsured Patients?
Yes. Our staff can discuss payment options for your treatment plan based on your budget and health needs.
We Work Hard to Give the Medical Care That Makes Our Patients Feel Better
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we strive to help our patients reach the results they need to look, feel, and act better. We don’t just treat your symptoms so that they go away—we look at your health from a whole perspective and build a treatment plan that caters to your physical needs and goals.
Below are some reviews we’ve received from patients who visited our facility:
- “The staff at is very professional and friendly. I couldn’t possibly be any happier or satisfied! Thank you,” wrote Victoria Smith.
- “I had a great experience here. The staff is very accommodating and more than helpful. I am thoroughly impressed with the professionalism by Dr. Jason and the staff. They have earned a repeat client, and I will continue doing business with them!” wrote Chris Squires.
You can read more about what our patients have to say about our facility in their reviews on Google.
Come to Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to Get Botox Therapy in Orlando
If you live in Orlando and are interested in getting a Botox therapy, our facility nearby can provide you this treatment. We carry Botox® and other forms of aesthetic medicine to help patients improve their appearance and address other medical concerns.
Call our facility today at (386) 366-7418 to schedule your appointment. Let us help you feel better in your skin.