If you or someone you love suffers from excessive hair loss (androgenetic alopecia), come visit Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates at our Port Orange location to discuss your hair restoration treatment options. Our facility helps both men and women suffering from hair loss get the results they want for their appearance.
If your hair loss is the result of another underlying condition, such as low testosterone, we can also discuss Port Orange hair restoration treatment options that help address other health concerns.
What Is Hair Restoration?
Traditional hair restoration comes in two forms of treatment:
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT):This method involves taking a portion of your scalp with excessive amounts of hair and transferring it to an area of your scalp where there is hair loss. This is often called a “hair transplant” and has varying results.
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE): This method involves removing hair follicles directly from the scalp or other parts of the body and transferring them to areas where there is hair loss. This method is often preferred over FUT by many patients.
Both methods do require surgical procedures, which always pose a risk of infection or scarring. However, FUE is usually less painful. It also has a faster healing time post-surgery and more natural hair growth, as confirmed by Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology and other studies.
If you are seeking treatment for hair loss, our physicians can review your current health and discuss the potential options we offer at our facility.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Are There Non-Surgical Options for Hair Restoration?
Yes. According to Healthline, there are two common prescription and over-the-counter drugs that can be used to treat hair loss. These are:
- Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar): A prescription drug that you take as a daily pill.
- Minoxidil (Rogaine): An over-the-counter drug that you apply directly to your scalp morning and night.
Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates in Port Orange also offers other non-invasive therapies that target tissue damage in your scalp or hormone imbalances, which are described below.
Port Orange Hair Restoration (386) 366-7418
What Tests Do You Perform Before Hair Restoration Treatment?
Before we commence any hair restoration treatment, we will conduct a few diagnostic tests and ask about your current lifestyle. This allows us to evaluate the health of your hair follicles, biological system, and overall diet and nutrition.
Pre-testing may involve:
- Physical exam: We will conduct a general physical exam to check your vitals, such as your heart rate and blood pressure, so we can discover any other underlying health conditions.
- Blood work:We will take samples of your blood to see if other underlying conditions, such as low testosterone, may be causing your hair loss.
- Diet and lifestyle questions: Finally, we will ask questions about the foods you eat, whether you exercise, and other lifestyle questions (e.g., how much stress you experience) to determine if any of these factors may be affecting the health of your hair and scalp.
Our physician may also observe your scalp to gauge the severity of your hair loss, if necessary. Then we will discuss your hair restoration treatment options and begin setting up a treatment plan at our Port Orange location for you.
Click to contact our Anti Aging Doctors in Port Orange
What Causes Hair Loss?
Hair loss can be a simple side effect of aging or genetics in both men and women. However, there are other health conditions that can trigger hair loss. These include:
- Low testosterone or other hormonal changes
- Chronic stress or other mood disorders, such as depression
- Vitamin deficiencies or poor diet in general
Other lifestyle factors, like how you style or wash your hair, can also trigger hair loss. Some medications may also list hair loss as a possible side effect.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Are There Non-Surgical Treatments for Hair Loss?
Yes. At our facility in Port Orange, Florida, we offer other anti-aging and regenerative therapies and treatments that can encourage hair restoration.
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy and Stem Cell Therapy
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy has proven to be an effective method of encouraging hair growth in follicles. When combined with stem cell therapy, both PRP and stem cells can repair damaged tissue in the scalp and hair follicles, then regenerate new growth in those areas.
This treatment involves extracting platelets from your plasma, which is found in the blood, and stem cells from fatty tissue. Once extracted, we inject the PRP and stem cells into your scalp. It may take three or more sessions before patients begin seeing results, though some may see results within a few weeks.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
Other potential treatments for hair loss include hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which includes testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and microneedling.
These treatments consider your hormone levels, particularly your testosterone levels. Low testosterone can cause hair loss in both men and women, so we may take a sample of your blood to test your hormone levels as a diagnostic measure. If we find that your testosterone levels are low, we may prescribe treatment options to increase them, which can boost hair restoration in your scalp.
If you have questions about alternative methods of treating your hair loss, our physicians can explain these services in more detail.
What Our Patients Have to Say About Our Treatment Services
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service to every patient who comes to us for medical treatment. We take the time to review your overall health because we understand that symptoms may reveal other underlying conditions that need to be addressed.
Our patients value our transparency in how we approach medical treatment. Here are some examples of our Google reviews:
- “Dr. Jonathan Henriquez is the absolute best. He is super knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. And you can genuinely see he is there because he loves to help people live their best life.” – Jon Radford
- “ is a different type of doctor, one that actually takes the time to find the root of the problem. Gives you a plan/strategy to correct the issue. You can tell that he truly cares about making a difference in the world.” – April Johnson
We look forward to building a health plan that helps you achieve your goals, whether that includes implementing a customized exercise and nutrition plan that complements your treatment plan or offering physiotherapy to improve your body’s strength and agility as we restore your health.
Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates for Hair Restoration Treatment
If you or someone you care about is struggling with hair loss, our facility in Port Orange offers hair restoration treatments. We will conduct a physical exam to assess the extent of your hair loss and explain your treatment options. Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates today at (386) 366-7418 to schedule an appointment.
Call or text (386) 366-7418 or Schedule an Appointment Today!