If you or someone you love is suffering from hair loss (androgenetic alopecia), come visit Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates at our Port Orange location to discuss hair restoration treatment options. Our facility helps both men and women suffering from hair loss get the results they want in their appearance.
If your hair loss is the result of another underlying condition, such as low testosterone, we can also discuss other treatment options that can help address all of your health concerns.
What is Hair Restoration?
Traditional hair restoration comes in two forms of treatment:
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT): This method involves taking a portion of your scalp with excessive amounts of hair and transferring it to an area of your scalp where there is hair loss. This is often called a “hair transplant,” and has had varying results.
- Follicular unit extraction (FUE): This method involves removing hair follicles directly from the scalp (or other areas of the body) and transferring them to other areas where there is hair loss. This method is often preferred over FUT by many patients.
Both of these methods involve surgical procedures, which can risk infection and scarring. However, FUE has shown to be less painful. It also has a faster healing time post-surgery, with hair growth being more natural, as shown in studies by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) and Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology.
If you are seeking treatment for your hair loss, our physicians can review your health and discuss the potential options we offer at our facility.
Are There Non-Surgical Options for Hair Restoration?
Yes. According to Healthline, there are two common prescription and over-the-counter drugs that can be used to treat hair loss. These medicines include:
- Finasteride (Propecia, Proscar): This is a prescription drug that you take in the form of a daily pill.
- Minoxidil (Rogaine): This is an over-the-counter drug that you apply directly to your scalp morning and night.
Our treatment also offers other non-invasive therapies that can target tissue damage in your scalp or hormone imbalances, which you can read more about later in this article.
What Tests do You Perform Before the Treatment?
Before we commence any hair restoration treatment, we will conduct a few diagnostic tests and ask you about your current lifestyle. This allows us to see the health of your hair follicles, biological system, and overall diet and nutrition.
Pre-testing may involve:
- Bloodwork: We may take some samples of your blood to see if other underlying conditions, such as low testosterone, may be causing your hair loss.
- Diet and lifestyle questions: Finally, we will ask questions about the foods you eat, whether you exercise, and other lifestyle questions (e.g., how much stress you experience) to see if any of those factors may be affecting the health of your hair and scalp.
What Causes Hair Loss?
Hair loss can be a simple side effect of aging or genetics in both men and women; however, other health conditions can also trigger hair loss. These conditions include:
- Low testosterone or other hormonal changes (for both men and women)
- Chronic stress or other mood disorders, such as depression
- Vitamin deficiencies or poor diet in general
Other lifestyle factors, like how you style or wash your hair, can also trigger hair loss. Medications may also list hair loss as a possible side effect.
Are There Other Treatments for Hair Loss?
Yes. At our facility located in Port Orange, we offer other anti-aging and regenerative therapies and treatments that can encourage hair restoration.
For example, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy has proven to be an effective method of encouraging hair growth in follicles, based on studies reported in the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery. When combined with stem cell therapy, both the PRP and stem cells can repair damaged tissue in the scalp and hair follicles, then regenerate new growth in those areas.
Other potential treatments for hair loss include hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which includes testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), and microneedling. If you have questions about alternative methods of treating your hair loss, our physicians can explain our facility’s services in more detail.
Read What Our Patients Have to Say About Our Treatment Services
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we pride ourselves in the customer service we provide each patient that comes to us for medical treatment. We take care to review your overall health because we understand that symptoms may reveal other underlying conditions that need to be addressed.
Our patients value our transparency in how we approach medical treatment. Read some of our Google reviews to get an idea of how we can take care of you:
- Jon Radford wrote, “Dr. Jonathan Henriquez is the absolute best. He is super knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. And you can genuinely see he is there because he loves to help people live best life.”
- April Johnson wrote, “ is a different type of , one that actually takes the time to find the root of the problem. Gives you a plan/strategy to correct the issue. You can tell that he truly cares about making a difference in the world.”
Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to Discuss Hair Loss Treatment
If you or someone you care about is struggling with hair loss, our facility in Port Orange offers hair restoration treatments. We can conduct a physical exam to assess the extent of hair loss you have, then explain your treatment options. Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates today to schedule your appointment.