If you are suffering from a chronic medical condition, an internal medicine physician can help. Our physicians are trained to prevent, diagnose, and treat a variety of chronic and acute health conditions.
Our St. Augustine internal medicine clinic at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates provides comprehensive treatment for a variety of adult illnesses including preventative care, health promotion, chronic condition management, and diabetic management and education.
What Is Internal medicine?
Internal medicine is a specialty where physicians will apply their scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to diagnose and treat their patients. These physicians provide compassionate care to healthy adults and to those with complex medical issues.
Internal medicine physicians are known as “internists” in the medical field. Internists use the best medical science available when they are caring for their patients. A positive provider-patient relationship is an important aspect of internal medicine.
What Type of Training Does an Internal Medicine provider Do?
To become a provider of internal medicine, an internist must complete a four-year medical school program. After that, trainees will complete 3 years of their internal medicine residency. After the 3-year residency, internists can become practicing physicians in internal medicine.
Some choose to continue their education and subspecialize in an area of internal medicine. Some subspecialties include endocrinology, rheumatology, neurology, psychiatry, dermatology, gynecology, ophthalmology, and geriatrics.
Internists have to go through rigorous training, just like any other type of provider. For at least 3 years, their training focuses on preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases that affect adults. Because of the extensive training internists go through, they can deal with many problems their patients may bring. Internists have been trained to solve complex medical conditions.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Why Types of Diseases Do Internists Treat?
According to the American College of Physicians (ACP), internists mostly treat conditions such as heart disease, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, and hypertension. Internal medicine physicians at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates will focus on finding the root problem of your condition. Our treatments focus on you as a whole person. Because of our extensive training, we can diagnose and treat a large variety of diseases.
Common diseases or illnesses that internists treat include:
- Heart disease: Heart diseases include coronary artery disease, heart arrhythmias, congenital heart defects, heart valve disease, and heart infections. Many of these diseases can be treated or prevented by making lifestyle changes. At our practice, we focus on giving you the resources needed to treat and manage symptoms associated with heart disease.
- Obesity: This is a disease that involves an excessive amount of body fat. This disease can cause a variety of medical problems such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, or high blood pressure. The staff members at our practice help our patients manage their symptoms and learn about making healthier lifestyle choices.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure can increase your risk of having serious health problems. Our internal medicine physicians can give you the tools and resources to control your high blood pressure.
- Chronic lung disease: To diagnose this disease your provider will need to know your family history as well as your exposure to cigarette smoke and other common irritants. We may need to conduct several tests to determine if chronic lung disease is the correct diagnosis for the symptoms you may be having.
Regardless of your illness or disease, once we determine the diagnosis, a St. Augustine internal medicine physician will develop an appropriate treatment plan for you.
St. Augustine Internal Medicine (386) 366-7418
What to Expect the First Time You Come to Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates
When you enter our office, our friendly staff members will greet you and get you set up with a questionnaire for your health history. This includes any previous diagnosis you have received, medications you take, and symptoms you are currently experiencing. This information can be helpful to our internists as they determine the best treatment plan for you.
Next, you will receive a consultation from one of our staff members. During the consultation, we will discuss the information you provided on the questionnaire and hear about treatment options you might be interested in.
After your consultation, you will meet with our internal medicine physician. They will perform a physical exam and review your symptoms. If they can, they will give you a diagnosis. You may need labs taken and if so, we will help you schedule a follow-up appointment to go over your lab results.
What Our Patients are Saying About Our Practice
- “I wish I could do 10 stars! Since seeing Dr. Jason and his staff, my life has completely turned around! I’ve seen him for the sniffles. I’ve seen them for bloodwork to make sure I’m healthy. They’re currently monitoring my performance as I prepare for my upcoming Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition. Thank you, Dr. Jason, Dr. Scott, Rebecca, Spyro, and Sebastian. Let’s not forget the awesome and welcoming face Martine at the front desk!!!!”
- “Dr. Scott and his team looked at my entire system. Blood work was meticulously reviewed and the results were discussed with me. I am the biggest part of my health success and being on a team to create a successful plan for life means everything. The advice, the discussions are meaningful. They are about natural remedies that work. Spyro was the best of the best blood taker…not even a pinch a was felt.”
- “Absolutely amazing! The Dr’s actually care, their knowledge is unbelievable. They find the cause not just try to mask with a pharmaceutical unless absolutely necessary. So thankful we found them. Intend on bringing all my athletes in there to optimize their performance. And my mother-in-law is getting ready to go and try and work off some of these medications she is currently on.”
Schedule an Appointment with a St. Augustine Internal Medicine provider at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates Today
We provide skilled, diagnostic services and treatment options to our St. Augustine patients. Whether you visit our offices for primary care or specialized services, our physicians provide the personalized and quality healthcare you will need. To schedule an appointment, call our office today. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve your health goals.