PRP hair restoration therapy is an innovative option for hair loss patients who seek hair growth methods beyond transplant surgery and medications. The process involves using your own blood to stimulate growth.
If you have been struggling with hair loss and want to try something new to reverse it, Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates proudly offers St. Augustine PRP hair restoration therapy.
What To Expect During Your St. Augustine PRP Hair Restoration
PRP is an acronym for platelet-rich plasma, a therapy not only useful in hair restoration but also for healing joint injuries. For hair restoration therapy, you can expect us to draw your blood, separate it into layers, extract the platelet-rich plasma, and inject it into locations on your scalp to increase blood around hair follicles, which should stimulate growth and increase thickness.
When you arrive for your appointment, we will evaluate you to determine if you are a good candidate for PRP hair restoration therapy. If you qualify, you will go through a series of steps. These include:
- Step One: Prior to receiving the treatment, we will apply a topical anesthetic to your scalp to reduce discomfort from the injections.
- Step Two: After the anesthetic kicks in and numbs your scalp, we will draw a sample of your blood. Please report any dizziness, nausea, sweatiness, or headaches as these are side effects of a blood draw. Some patients even experience a drop in heart rate and blood pressure.
- Step Three: We will place your blood in a centrifuge and spin it rapidly in order to separate it into layers. This allows us to use the platelet-rich plasma.
- Step Four: We will use a syringe to extract the platelet-rich plasma and inject it into locations on your scalp.
We will ensure that you recover from the side effects of the blood draw before you leave our office. Many patients require no downtime from school, work, or important events.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Am I a Good Candidate for PRP Hair Restoration?
An initial evaluation is the only way to determine if PRP hair restoration therapy is right for you. We will need to know information about your health and any medications you take.
For instance, we may ask you questions about:
- Your diet
- Any health conditions you were diagnosed with
- Patterns you have noticed about your hair growth
PRP hair restoration therapy typically works best for men and women who have symptoms of male and female pattern baldness. It’s crucial that you inform us of any health conditions you are facing so we can best protect your health. If you are not a good candidate for PRP hair restoration therapy, other options are available.
St. Augustine PRP Hair Restoration (386) 366-7418
PRP Hair Restoration Is a Promising Therapy in St. Augustine
Naturally, you may be curious as to whether or not PRP hair restoration therapy works. More research needs to be done to fully vet the therapy as an effective treatment for hair loss, but a study published by the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery shows new hair growth and a reduction of hair loss in patients participating in the trial.
Many patients require multiple PRP hair restoration sessions over several weeks. By then, you should start seeing results such as improvement in the appearance of your hair and thicker hair follicles.
Unfortunately, PRP hair restoration therapy is not a cure for baldness, nor is it a permanent solution for hair loss. You may need a maintenance session every few months to maintain your new growth. Whether the results are worth it comes down to how you feel every time you look in the mirror once you start seeing results.
Click to contact an St. Augustine Hair Restoration today
Why You Might Be Interested in PRP Hair Restoration
You might want to try out PRP hair restoration if you lost hair because of one of the following reasons:
- Stress: Stress from work, for example, can cause hair loss. It may benefit you to take note if you discover a link between stress and your hair loss.
- Damaging hair products or hairstyles: Certain hair products and tight hair styles can contribute to hair loss.
- A hormone imbalance: Hormone imbalances, such as low testosterone, can lead to hair loss.
- Vitamin deficiencies: Any vitamin deficiencies can contribute to hair loss. If your vitamin deficiency is caused by another health condition, please share this information with us before we begin your PRP hair restoration.
- Certain medications: If you are on any medications that contribute to your hair loss, please let us know.
- The aging process: Hair loss is a normal part of the aging process.
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we can help you treat your hair loss. You might feel frustrated after trying other hair loss solutions that don’t work for you. Allow us to help you seek the hair growth you’re looking for.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
What Does PRP Hair Restoration Cost in St. Augustine?
You should know that we are a cash practice and we do not accept insurance. Since insurance does not cover PRP hair restoration anyway, you can expect to pay for your treatment out-of-pocket.
The cost of PRP hair restoration therapy can range depending on factors such as how many injections you require, your location, and if you ask for the inclusion of hair growth supplements as part of the treatment.
Learn More About PRP Hair Restoration in St. Augustine Today
If you think PRP hair restoration therapy may be right for you, Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates can evaluate you. We offer traditional medicine and other options so you have a choice in your care.
The promising results in studies and in real-life patients make PRP hair restoration a treatment worth learning more about and trying. To learn more or to make an appointment for PRP hair restoration in St. Augustine, contact us today.
Call or text (386) 366-7418 or Schedule an Appointment Today!