Internal medicine physicians (also referred to as “internists”) can practice in various settings, from hospitals to private facilities. These types of physicians focus on building strong doctor-patient relationships to assess their patients’ health over time. They can act as primary care physicians in some cases, but they can also be called on to diagnose and treat problematic or unknown illnesses.
If you are suffering from a chronic illness or unknown symptoms, our internal medicine physicians at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates can build a treatment plan that addresses your physical needs. You can visit our Port Orange facility for a free consultation and learn more about our medical services.
What Is Internal Medicine?
The American College of Physicians (ACP) describes internal medicine as “a discipline focused on the care of adults that uses the best medical science available through thoughtful and meaningful doctor-patient relationships.” General internists are equipped to handle the broad spectrum of illnesses that affect adults.
They are recognized as experts in:
- Treatment of chronic illness
- Health promotion
- Disease prevention
Internal medicine physicians are not limited to one type of medical problem or organ system. Rather, these physicians are specialists who apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness.
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
What Conditions Can Internists Treat?
As mentioned, internal medicine physicians often serve as primary care physicians who can treat common illnesses and chronic conditions. In addition, they can diagnose more obscure conditions that other specialists or doctors might not be able to.
For example, internists can treat:
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- Gastrointestinal problems, including acid reflux and ulcers
- Obesity and other weight issues
- Men’s sexual health, including erectile dysfunction
- Chronic lung disease, such as chronic bronchitis or asthma
- Urinary incontinence and related problems, including urinary tract infections (UTIs) and kidney stones
This is not a complete list of conditions that internists treat. In fact, some specialists may call on an internal medicine physician to review their patient’s symptoms to help them diagnose a health issue.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a chronic condition that requires more specialized care, an internal medicine physician from our facility can examine your health and determine which therapies may be suitable for treatment.
Port Orange Internal Medicine (386) 366-7418
Benefits of Internal Medicine Include an Improved Doctor-Patient Relationship
Internal medicine can shape the way a physician interacts with their patients, as it offers a more compassionate approach to treating illnesses. Some key benefits to seeing an internist include:
- They take care to have effective communication: One of the key principles for internal medicine physicians is establishing a strong relationship with their patients. This allows people to trust their physicians and be more upfront about the symptoms they’re experiencing, concerns they have, and any medical history that might not be mentioned in their file.
- They give precise diagnoses: Internal medicine physicians can treat various types of illnesses as general internists, but many specialize in specific areas of medicine so they can treat diseases in that field. If necessary, internists can also recognize diseases and refer patients to other specialists to ensure they receive the treatment they need.
- They provide preventative care: Beyond diagnosing chronic illnesses and obscure diseases, internists also focus on improving patients’ overall wellness. They can offer treatments to improve patients’ physical health and build regimens to alter patients’ lifestyle choices, such as diet and exercise.
- They offer whole-body treatment. Getting help from our team is more than just taking medications and following a treatment plan. We aim to treat each aspect of your life, from your physical needs to your emotional needs. Nutritional counseling and exercise plans are just some of the services we offer to ensure your well-being.
Our facility specializes in anti-aging and regenerative medicine for both men and women, among other subareas of medicine. You can learn more about our medical services during your first appointment once we understand what kind of treatment may be necessary for your condition.
Click to contact an Anti-Aging Clinic Services in Port Orange today
What to Expect in Your First Appointment at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates
During your first appointment at our facility, you can expect:
- Your medical history is obtained prior to your first appointment via our patient portal. You will get a consult, physical, lab work (if you choose to do in the office), and diagnostic testing. Once labs are received, you will come back for a follow up visit to review results and then Our providers will make recommendations for therapy (if applicable).
- To receive a consultation: One of our staff members will meet with you to discuss the information you provided, as well as any treatments you are interested in.
- To receive a physical exam from your physician: Next, our physician will meet you to conduct a physical exam, review your symptoms, and listen to your concerns. If possible, they will diagnose your condition. However, many patients often need to give blood samples to go through lab testing.
If we require you to do lab work, we will discuss your test results in a follow-up appointment and then discuss treatment options from that point forward. Otherwise, in some cases, you may receive treatment on the day of your appointment, depending on your health goals.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Our Facility Can Supplement Your Internal Medicine Treatment with Other Therapies
At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, we offer various therapies and treatment options to help people suffering from chronic diseases, musculoskeletal problems, chronic pain, inflammation, and other ailments.
Our medical services include:
- Chiropractic medicine
- Neuromusculoskeletal optimization
- Posture optimization
- Joint mobilization
- Joint manipulation
- Shockwave therapy
- Sexual health
- Erectile dysfunction therapy
- Infusion therapy
- Personal injury/rehab
- Personal training
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Taping, cupping, and Graston Technique®
- Pain management
- Female hormone dysregulation
- Facial aesthetics
- FDA approved medical laser stem cells
- Anti-aging for men and women
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Andropause therapy
- Perimenopause and menopause therapy
- Thyroid disorder treatment
Depending on the condition we’re treating, we may suggest one of these therapies or other health services to supplement your internal medicine plan. You can also take advantage of our general wellness services, which include building customized nutrition and exercise regimens that cater to your unique health needs.
Reasons to Partner with Our Wellness Center in Port Orange
Clients who visit Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates receive patient, solutions-focused care. We maintain an open dialogue with our clients, and through these discussions, we’ve learned that our clients:
- Find our thorough, patient brand of healthcare to be unusual compared with the rushed, profit-focused healthcare they’ve received in the past
- Appreciate our investments in cutting-edge medical technology, which allows us to provide accurate, thorough diagnoses for a variety of conditions
- Often come to Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates for a specific service (like chiropractic care), and return for additional services (like internal medicine) later on
Though we believe in many traditional healthcare methods, we don’t let outdated practices or modes of thinking stand in the way of our goal: to help each client feel better.
We render care to anyone who needs it, regardless of whether they have insurance coverage. No insurance, no problem. We will find a way to deliver the care that you need and accommodate your budget.
If you need internal medicine services in Port Orange, look no further.
Patient Reviews for Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates
Our team strives to offer the best quality of care to those living in Port Orange, Florida. We’re proud of the feedback we’ve received from our patients. Some of those comments include:
- “The team of doctors at Anti-Aging and Regenerative Associates are truly wonderful. They are down to earth, kind, compassionate and take a safer more meaningful approach to health and wellness than most other doctors these days! I would highly recommend them for anyone suffering with a specific illness or even those just looking to improve their overall health and well-being!” – Rick B., client
- “Spending 90 minutes learning & rehabbing with a doctor is not the norm when visiting a doctors office. So very thankful that’s what I got here today. This place is something special. Affordable too! Thank you Dr. Jason!” – Maigan W., client
- “If you are looking for a solution to something you are experiencing or dealing with, this is the place to go. is a different type of doctor, one that actually takes the time to find the root of the problem. Not just another doctor throwing a prescription at you, which leads to another prescription and then another! Thank you Dr. Jason Schottel for taking the time to sit with us and help us gain some knowledge on how to live better!” – April J., client
Our doctors and nurses take a full-health approach when evaluating each client. Rather than considering symptoms or ailments in a vacuum, we consider the entire picture of a client’s health, diet, and lifestyle. Because we know that the health is a complex web of interconnected factors, we believe that functional medicine is the only way to help clients find long-term wellness.
Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates for an Internal Medicine Doctor in Port Orange, FL
If you are living with a chronic condition or experiencing symptoms of an illness, a physician at our facility can use internal medicine to treat you. We can look at your symptoms and then address other underlying factors that may be affecting your health. We believe in treating patients from a whole perspective.
When you are ready to take back your health, call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates. We are conveniently located in the heart of Central Florida at 633 Dunlawton Ave, Port Orange, FL 32127.
Call or text (386) 366-7418 or Schedule an Appointment Today!