St. Augustine is known for being the oldest city in the United States, with its nickname being “Ancient City” to many locals. Still, the only things that should feel ancient in St. Augustine are its lighthouses—not you.
As people age, they begin to lose muscle mass, bone density, and mobility in their joints. However, with the right personal training, you can combat aging effects and reach a level of physical fitness that allows you to live your life freely. At Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates, our team offers St. Augustine personal training in our private gym, The Muscle Clinic. We offer free fitness assessments to all who visit and inquire about our services.
Our Personal Training Near St. Augustine Focuses on Your Health Needs
Dr. Jason Schottel opened a private gym, The Muscle Clinic, as a way of helping people become healthier with medical supervision. Clients can go to this old-school gym to get the individualized attention they need from a personal trainer while also getting training from Dr. Schottel himself, who can provide further insight on their bodies.
Some benefits at getting a St. Augustine personal trainer from our facility include:
Your First Fitness Assessment Is Free
Many people have general goals like “I want to grow my biceps” or “I want to lose 15 pounds,” but having laid-out strategies on how to achieve those goals might be another issue. When you visit our facility, we offer you a full fitness assessment for free to see where your starting point is.
This assessment may involve:
- Measuring your height and weight
- Measuring your blood pressure and checking other vitals
- Asking you about your current diet or exercise routine
- Asking you about what goals you intend to achieve through your personal training
- Measuring your cardiovascular endurance level
- Testing your muscular strength and endurance
- Performing a body composition/physiology check
- Seeing how flexible you are
Should you decide to hire one of our personal trainers, we will also conduct regular check-ins on your fitness level as part of your membership benefits.
We Build Nutritional Meal Plans That Will Improve Your Health and Get Results
A healthy lifestyle involves consistent exercise and a balanced diet, which is why our team also creates customized meal plans for our clients. We can factor in dietary restrictions that you may have based on allergies, preferences, and religious beliefs, then strategize meals that will help you reach your goals.
We may also review your medical records or request blood to test at our lab to see if we must factor in any health conditions when building your meal plan, such as:
- Type 1 or 2 diabetes
- Cardiovascular conditions
- High blood pressure
- Gastrointestinal conditions, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or Crohn’s disease
- Medications that have negative reactions to certain foods
Call (386) 366-7418 to Book an Anti Aging Consultation
Having a Personal Trainer Ensures You Get Proper Exercise Education
So, what are the benefits of hiring a personal trainer? Whether you’re new to exercise or a trained sports athlete, having a personal trainer can:
- Hold you accountable to the goals you set
- Allow you to learn proper form for specific exercises you’re unfamiliar with
- Help you feel more confident in the gym, especially as you learn more about equipment and techniques
- Help you avoid plateaus, as personal trainers are constantly switching up exercise routines for their clients to keep their bodies engaged
Your personal trainer will also want to cater to your preferences while challenging you to push beyond your limits. This type of support can be valuable and a reminder that you’re always progressing.
Don’t Make the Same Mistakes That Get People Injured at the Gym
Mayo Clinic warns people to be careful about developing overuse injuries when weightlifting or exercising. Some common causes for overuse injuries include:
- Using improper form
- Trying to speed through exercises instead of making controlled movements
- Exercising for too long
- Trying to lift too much weight
Our personal trainers will supervise your exercise to ensure you do not suffer an injury. Should you experience pain or extreme soreness after a session, report it to your trainer immediately. Additionally, our physician can look over any injuries and prescribe treatment as needed.
St. Augustine Personal Training (386) 366-7418
Get Other Treatments to Supplement Your Personal Training in St. Augustine
Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates offers various treatments to help patients reduce the effects of aging, such as hair loss or erectile dysfunction. Our regenerative therapies can also provide additional benefits to people who want to boost their immune systems and promote self-healing.
Some of our treatments include:
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT): This treatment helps men and women who have low hormone levels, either testosterone or estrogen, and are now suffering side effects because of it. Low testosterone, for example, often causes fatigue, loss of muscle mass, and weight gain in both men and women.
- Physiotherapy: Whether you suffered an injury due to your age, a work-related accident, or some other cause (e.g., vehicle accident), rehabilitation may be necessary to have your injury heal properly. Our facility performs various physiotherapies, such as massage therapy, ultrasound therapy, the Graston Technique®, and the Kinesio® Taping Method.
- IV infusion therapy: This treatment involves injecting liquid packages of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals directly into the bloodstream. This is a non-invasive procedure that can give you a boost of energy and promote immune system functions. Popular packages include our standard Vitamins & Minerals package, Energy package, and Natural Defense package.
Have more questions about whether these treatments are right for you? Our staff is more than happy to answer your questions in an appointment. Also, all visitors who come to Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates will be able to speak with a doctor during their appointment.
Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates to Schedule an Appointment
Our team at Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates invites people to come to our facility or our private gym, The Muscle Clinic, to get personal training near St. Augustine. If you are serious about making healthy lifestyle changes to improve your physical fitness, our trainers are ready to guide you toward your goals. Our team has worked with both professional athletes and everyday Floridians. We want to help you achieve the body you’ve always wanted.
Call Anti-Aging & Regenerative Associates today to schedule your first appointment, where you can learn more about our services besides St. Augustine personal training.